1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Cold And Numb Feet

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Pj1996, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Pj1996

Pj1996 Type 1 · Member

Was diagnosed about 2 months ago im only 22 i have noticed my feet keep gettimg cold and going quite numb like when ou fall asleep on your arm my sugars are also well controlled between 4 and 7mmols most of the timeis this normal?

2. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

If I were you I would contact either my doctor or DSN, that does not sound right and talk to them about what your feeling.

T1D can have circulatory issues which could lead to cold feet and hands, however it usually to those of us long term diabetics and it is always recommended to seek medical advice.

Hope you get it sorted.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pj1996

Pj1996 Type 1 · Member

Thank you i will do :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. maria030660

maria030660 · Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have stone cold feet often especially in winter and often also in summer. It was checked out and it turned out to be Raynaud's phenomenon. Loads of people suffer from it. You should check whether your feet when they are cold are white and then go red. All i can do is making sure i keep my feet warm. For winter i am condemned wearing Uggs (uggh) and have a feet warmer. It could also mean you have neuropathy of the feet. But its important to tell your consultant so it can be checked out for you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pj1996

Pj1996 Type 1 · Member

Thanks for your reply i will be definatly getting it checked out

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook