Diabetics R Us

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My advice would be to never experiment with McVities Jaffa Cakes unless you are hypoing and there isn't anything else in the house!
I can eat one jaffa cake then walk for a while and not get a rise in BG. Jaffa cakes DO need to be experimented with in my book! As long as you can put the packet down after one of course.........

Reactions: Cumberland

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I can eat one jaffa cake then walk for a while and not get a rise in BG. Jaffa cakes DO need to be experimented with in my book! As long as you can put the packet down after one of course.........
....is that possible....:wideyed:...my experience of Jaffa cakes is that once the packet is opened they all demand to be eaten......that's why I won't buy them anymore.....

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
....is that possible....:wideyed:...my experience of Jaffa cakes is that once the packet is opened they all demand to be eaten......that's why I won't buy them anymore.....
We sometimes have a packet in work so that makes it easier to take just the one - I know I'm being watched!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

Zackly! One jaffa cake. For me, there is no such beast as a single jc. They come in packs.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I have a recipe for a giant jaffa cake - I wonder if I can convert it to a low carb recipe? I may have to experiment with that - watch this space.....

I think I have the same recipe. The Jaffa cake Cake?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Now, I'm still not over it, but at least I've been giggling for the past 20 minutes as I found this whole new look at life : "I'm too lazy for all the work that comes with shoving a cheap pizza in the oven and eating it, so I'll just cook a sensible meal instead."
:p :p :p
And I got my reward for not eating pizza yesterday: Libre says 97% in range in the last 24 hours :). That's almost as nice as pizza!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My diabetes is not behaving very well so far today awoke with a level of 5.0 great then before breakfast 5.3 not bad I thought an hour after break fast 4.8 again fine thinks I then a walk to the shop and back two hour reading 10.2 *** breakfast was cheese on toast with no crust bread about 9 grams of carbs.

now at 7.5 prior to lunch sometimes I just can't work it out it's mystifying.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My diabetes is not behaving very well so far today awoke with a level of 5.0 great then before breakfast 5.3 not bad I thought an hour after break fast 4.8 again fine thinks I then a walk to the shop and back two hour reading 10.2 *** breakfast was cheese on toast with no crust bread about 9 grams of carbs.

now at 7.5 prior to lunch sometimes I just can't work it out it's mystifying.

It is a very mysterious disease.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I rated optimistic then found this.
" Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Passive Time 1 hour
Servings

cakes

INGREDIENTS
Orange jelly
0.2 oz. gelatine (powdered)
1/8 tsp stevia (pure powder)
2 tbsp orange marmalade (sugar-free)
1/2 cup hot water
1/4 tsp orange oil (or 1 tsp orange zest)
Cake
2 large eggs
2 oz. powdered erythritol (I use Sukrin)
1.5 oz. macadamia butter (homemade version recipe)
2 tbsp coconut flour (I use Sukrin)
Chocolate topping
6 oz. dark chocolate (I used 3 oz. of Lindt 99% and 3 oz. of 85% chocolate)
1/4 tsp orange oil"

https://www.mysweetketo.com/recipe/low-carb-jaffa-cakes/

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Morning @Cumberland are the lakes are filling up again with all this rain we’re having?

Good day to you @Daphne917 we were at Ullswater and Talkin Tarn a fortnight ago and noticed substantially that the shoreline was expanding and the water had receded

The village at Mardale had resurfaced from the depths of Haweswater and was visible this has happened 3 times since the lake was expanded in the 1930s and Mardale disappeared for good

1976, 1995 and this year has seen Mardale appear

We have had rain recently but there’s room for plenty more .... but not all in one deluge I hope

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The village at Mardale had resurfaced from the depths of Haweswater and was visible this has happened 3 times since the lake was expanded in the 1930s and Mardale disappeared for good
I'm not sure when it was, but I've seen the remains of the village in the reservoir near Shap. Must have been in the 1980's

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good day to you @Daphne917 we were at Ullswater and Talkin Tarn a fortnight ago and noticed substantially that the shoreline was expanding and the water had receded

1976, 1995 and this year has seen Mardale appear

We have had rain recently but there’s room for plenty more .... but not all in one deluge I hope
They were quite low when we were there a month ago!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
we were at Ullswater and Talkin Tarn a fortnight ago and noticed substantially that the shoreline was expanding and the water had receded

Talkin Tarn in Cumbria? We stayed near the shore of Talkin Tarn last year. Beautiful tarn and lovely walk round it. We had a walk round it each day after returning from wherever we'd been for the day.