Diab 1 Questions

Ribby_c

Hi guys, renewal coming up as my 3 year license is soon to be expired. Having a some paranoia over what the outcome will be, so just looking for some reassurance; can you guys post up what boxes you ticked and what the outcome was? Feel like this thread may offer a lot of help people!
Cheers guys.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Did mine on-line for the first time last year. It is pretty straight forward and shouldn't really be anything to worry about.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Ribby_c ,

Welcome to the forum.

Been doing this every 3 years since passing my test back in late 1986? (Though i do empathise with your feelings about it when renewal time comes around..)
The whole process gets quicker & quicker with DVLA.
You filled out the DIAB1 form with no issues of hypos needing medical assistance, you are hypo awair & no eye issue needing treatment. (or failing treatment.)
All in all. if your doc has no reservasions about your fitness to drive.

Then i wish you many years of happy & safe motoring! :)

Reactions: SalB

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And some (potential) good news from DVLA.

They currently have an online "Fitness to Drive" portal in Beta at the moment which should streamline the process even more.

nadiq38

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys, renewal coming up as my 3 year license is soon to be expired. Having a some paranoia over what the outcome will be, so just looking for some reassurance; can you guys post up what boxes you ticked and what the outcome was? Feel like this thread may offer a lot of help people!
Cheers guys.
Well I had a more complicated eye issue or so I thought. I had laser in both eyes one year after renewal. I had an DVLA eye test n all was ok. Hope that helps.