1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diab 1 Questions

Discussion in 'Driving and DVLA' started by Ribby_c, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Ribby_c

Ribby_c · Newbie

Hi guys, renewal coming up as my 3 year license is soon to be expired. Having a some paranoia over what the outcome will be, so just looking for some reassurance; can you guys post up what boxes you ticked and what the outcome was? Feel like this thread may offer a lot of help people!
    Cheers guys.

2. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Did mine on-line for the first time last year. It is pretty straight forward and shouldn't really be anything to worry about.

3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hi @Ribby_c ,

Welcome to the forum.

Been doing this every 3 years since passing my test back in late 1986? (Though i do empathise with your feelings about it when renewal time comes around..)
    The whole process gets quicker & quicker with DVLA.
    You filled out the DIAB1 form with no issues of hypos needing medical assistance, you are hypo awair & no eye issue needing treatment. (or failing treatment.)
    All in all. if your doc has no reservasions about your fitness to drive.

Then i wish you many years of happy & safe motoring! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

And some (potential) good news from DVLA.

They currently have an online "Fitness to Drive" portal in Beta at the moment which should streamline the process even more.

5. nadiq38

nadiq38 Type 1 · Member

Well I had a more complicated eye issue or so I thought. I had laser in both eyes one year after renewal. I had an DVLA eye test n all was ok. Hope that helps.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook