Free Month At Puregym

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Those who feel unsure whether they might like exercising in a gym can give it a try for a month completely free. You have to have a Holland & Barratt loyalty card and spend £30 online or in store. Beware - if you forget to cancel your membership your direct debit will be taken for the second month. However there is no sharp practice involved. I have been an enthusiastic Puregym member for years and I have always found them fair, helpful and accessible whenever I had problems.
https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/info/puregym/

Reactions: davich

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Not really free then.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It depends whether you might have spent that £30 at H&B anyway. Also, Puregym membership tarifs vary across the country. A month in the Canary Wharf gym would set you back almost £34.99 + £20 joining fee. A month at Leeds Hunslet only costs £19.99 + £10 joining fee, so getting as month free is not quite such a bargain. Either you get free gym membership and pay for your nuts or free nuts and pay for your gym membership. IMO the biggest benefit would be getting hooked on working out at the gym.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Not much chance of getting hooked for me. Too many freinds have joined gyms on January 2nd and by 24 March they've given up but still get the bill every month. Some of these contracts are 18 months!

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Those who feel unsure whether they might like exercising in a gym can give it a try for a month completely free. You have to have a Holland & Barratt loyalty card and spend £30 online or in store. Beware - if you forget to cancel your membership your direct debit will be taken for the second month. However there is no sharp practice involved. I have been an enthusiastic Puregym member for years and I have always found them fair, helpful and accessible whenever I had problems.
https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/info/puregym/
I am a PureGym fan too. Used to pay £85 at David Lloyd and now £24 and many more £s spent on post workout cappucinos. Miss the windows but the kits is clean and well maintained plus the classes are good. 24 hour acess is pretty helpful too.
If David lloyd is Waitrose, Pure Gym is the Lidl end and often a local authority place is mid price (Tesco I guess) so I am glad that market has got shaken up!

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a PureGym fan too. Used to pay £85 at David Lloyd and now £24 and many more £s spent on post workout cappucinos. Miss the windows but the kits is clean and well maintained plus the classes are good. 24 hour acess is pretty helpful too.
If David lloyd is Waitrose, Pure Gym is the Lidl end and often a local authority place is mid price (Tesco I guess) so I am glad that market has got shaken up!
I particularly like knowing my gym will be open on all Bank Holidays. I've never been there in the middle of the night, but I have been on Christmas Day.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not much chance of getting hooked for me. Too many freinds have joined gyms on January 2nd and by 24 March they've given up but still get the bill every month. Some of these contracts are 18 months!
That's one of the Puregym selling points - no contract.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I particularly like knowing my gym will be open on all Bank Holidays. I've never been there in the middle of the night, but I have been on Christmas Day.
Hope you are not just eating bamboo to do those weights though...Personally I like to be able to see how many bods are in the gym via the website. I go for a run on Christmas day so presumably I am a bit fitness obsessed too or like to get away from the Quality Street guzzling.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you are not just eating bamboo to do those weights though...Personally I like to be able to see how many bods are in the gym via the website. I go for a run on Christmas day so presumably I am a bit fitness obsessed too or like to get away from the Quality Street guzzling.
Ah yes, an animal that is obliged to spend almost all its life eating, and is so obsessed with bamboo it hardly cares to interrupt its consumption even for sex! I do run as well as train with weights, and am hoping to do a parkrun next Christmas Day. Now you mention it, I suppose exercise is my bamboo, though I certainly can't rival the panda's 24/7 dedication.

Reactions: Geoffno6