SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I'm stuffing myself with carbs now.
Before fish and salad supper 11mmol...................... bashed it with 2 units novosluggo and 2hrs later 3.8, munch on carbs (chocolate) and it went down to 3.1
Lucozade up to 3.5.
I don't want to eat, I'm not hungry, I don't want anything sweet, just want to go to bed feeling fairly certain I'm not going to die in my sleep
Can't go to bed until I do another prick

Am I the only one this has happened to?

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It gave me the chance to steal fudge off my hubbie last time that happened. But I won't go to bed low after my sister in law's cousin died in his sleep from a suspected hypo

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Before fish and salad supper 11mmol...................... bashed it with 2 units novosluggo and 2hrs later 3.8, munch on carbs (chocolate) and it went down to 3.1
Lucozade up to 3.5.
I don't want to eat, I'm not hungry, I don't want anything sweet, just want to go to bed feeling fairly certain I'm not going to die in my sleep

Ahhh hope you feel better. Once overdosed on humalog (confused with basal pen) and had to stay up night eating Ferrero Rocher. Yuck.
Battered fish have some carb so I guess that go slowed down by the fat content. Hope you get to the magic 7 soon.

Timostags

Whenever I feel unwell I always want to sleep.
I remember when I was a teen I was home alone and felt unwell I didn't realise I was having a hypo. I soon feel asleep on the sofa in front of the TV. Sometime later I woke up, my hypo continued to get worse. I was unable to control my own body. It was really strange I could move my arm for example but not control it (if that makes sense). I remember rolling off the sofa onto the floor and could not get up. After some time my Mum came home and found me and phoned for an ambulance. The paramedics came and gave me gloucagon apparently I has fighting them off me. It brought me round really quick and physically I was fine. But it did effect me phycologically ever since I have been terrified of hypos and deliberately keep my bg higher than ideal.

Reactions: XxTinkerxx

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whenever I feel unwell I always want to sleep.
I remember when I was a teen I was home alone and felt unwell I didn't realise I was having a hypo. I soon feel asleep on the sofa in front of the TV. Sometime later I woke up, my hypo continued to get worse. I was unable to control my own body. It was really strange I could move my arm for example but not control it (if that makes sense). I remember rolling off the sofa onto the floor and could not get up. After some time my Mum came home and found me and phoned for an ambulance. The paramedics came and gave me gloucagon apparently I has fighting them off me. It brought me round really quick and physically I was fine. But it did effect me phycologically ever since I have been terrified of hypos and deliberately keep my bg higher than ideal.
I feel you <3 Sending hugs

Reactions: SueJB

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Next time try to go for the lucozafe before the Chocolate as choc has a higher fat content so slower to act. Follow up for bed with a slow release carb to avoid a repeat hypo e.g. digestive, milk or 1 slice of toast.

Reactions: Madmaureen

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks to everyone sending hugs, stories and info. I waited and pricked, waited and pricked and BG eventually got to 7.3......... bed. Woke this morning too high 7.8 but rather that than low

Reactions: Antje77 and kev-w

Madmaureen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Next time try to go for the lucozafe before the Chocolate as choc has a higher fat content so slower to act. Follow up for bed with a slow release carb to avoid a repeat hypo e.g. digestive, milk or 1 slice of toast.
Definitely never try to eat ALWAYS have lucozade!!!

Timostags

Lucozade up to 3.5.

How did you get on?

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah I occasionally have unexplained hypos and need to eat the contents of the fridge! Always raises my anxiety too

Timostags

Yeah I occasionally have unexplained hypos and need to eat the contents of the fridge! Always raises my anxiety too

I was always told by my doctors a third of a can of sugary cola with a couple of plain biscuits, recently as coke reduced the sugar content they changed it to half a can.

I've always felt like I've needed at least a full can and a packet of biscuits I think everyone is different.

I get excited at the chance to drink REAL coke, but it's never as nice tasting as I always tell me self when I grab the diet

Timostags

I tend to have red bull which does the job. The caffeine can be a bad thing if it's late at night but I tend to just want to sleep when I have a hypo so a caffeine rush helps stop me just going back to sleep.

Reactions: SueJB

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
lucozade is the juice of the devil and tastes like ****

Lol, Sue, but a bit harsh!

The Pink Lemonade version of luco, daahling, is sooo much more sophisticated for those with a palate, citric notes tending towards grapefruit, subtle undernotes of chestnut and greengages mix pleasantly with the chemical preservatives....

Or maybe I just imagine that when I'm scooffing a bottle at sub-2.5...

Reactions: XxTinkerxx

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’ve always got a stash of lucozade. Still the best stuff to get out of a bad hypo, even if they’ve reduced the glucose in it.