Why You Shouldn't Fear Protein On Keto

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A short video from Maria & Craig Emmerich busting the myths of low protein on keto:

Why you shouldn't fear protein with a ketogenic lifestyle:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Yup. Protein for the win, roast lamb tomorrow and extra, extra lamb por moi :)

Reactions: Indy51

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'm a Kiwi - never had to have anyone give me a reason to eat roast lamb :happy:, ditto mutton.

(But yes - very important not to bond with those delightful little happy creatures before they get mutilated, and then, yes, killed to be eaten.:()

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a Kiwi - never had to have anyone give me a reason to eat roast lamb :happy:, ditto mutton.

(But yes - very important not to bond with those delightful little happy creatures before they get mutilated, and then, yes, killed to be eaten.:()
I used to have a workmate/friend who was extra soppy - she wouldn't eat anything that had lived if you gave it a "personal" name even if it was sitting cooked on her plate! :wideyed:

And although I don't eat serious keto I've never even considered that protein might even be an issue.

Robbity
Who is truly evil and used to tell one of her puppies that I could just eat his plump little thigh....

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I couldn't live without my protein, especially chicken.

D

Deleted member 308541

I would like a dollar for every lamb, hogget, sheep I cut up in thirty years in the meat industry, same applies to pigs and cattle.
I used to have a workmate/friend who was extra soppy - she wouldn't eat anything that had lived if you gave it a "personal" name even if it was sitting cooked on her plate! :wideyed:
She's never been hungry then... :meh:

Reactions: gemma_T1