YPSO PUMP

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I got to see this yesterday when I was seeing my DSN and it looks very promissing, the pump however does not come with a blood monitor and has no bolus wizard and Insulin incraments are .5ml but this could be overcome with using an accu-chek aviva expert meter and rounding it up to the nearest unit I suppose

here is a link to the site ( https://www.mylife-diabetescare.co.uk/mylife-ypsopump-overview.html ), I think there is already a version 2 out as the one I saw was a version 1. My DSN knows I am not happy with the Insight with all the bubbles in tubing and the effect it is having on my control especially whilst at work. Not due for a pump change for another 21 month so a long wait but hey ho

Anyway let me know your thoughts

Reactions: kitedoc and tircoed

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Resurrecting this post, my consultant mentioned this pump to me today and said he thought that they'd added a bolus wizard to it or to its app - does anyone use this and have these latest updates ?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Gaz-M - coming back to this post - the Ypso pump reservoirs work in the Insight, so you could see if your clinic will let you try them out for self filling and see if it solves the air bubble problem?

Reactions: Gaz-M

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Gaz-M - coming back to this post - the Ypso pump reservoirs work in the Insight, so you could see if your clinic will let you try them out for self filling and see if it solves the air bubble problem?

There are two options, self fill and pre-filled cartridge - as per the insight, I would guess the pre-filled cartridge would have the same issues but could be wrong.

What I was looking for was any experience of the pumps as they initially could not calculate a meal bolus - it had to be done manually however there has been some news that they have released an update that will work out your meal dosage ? does any one have this new version.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have the answer from the manufacturer, the phone app can now calculate a meal bolus by using your current BG, IOB and settings for absorption. The phone app supports Apple and Android, there is also cloud storage from either and via a PC if needed but no support for iMac's, however if your using your phone then this should not be an issue.

If you use the mylife BG meter then it will import directly to the app via your phone, or you can enter it manually.

There is no connection to any existing CGM's for BG's and they tell me there are no plans either for this, so manual entry only to the app.

It does not appear that the phone app talks to the pump to suggest meal bolus, it seems this needs to be manually entered but will ask them to see.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Thanks for that @tim2000s, I will ask next time I am at the clinic

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have the update from manufacturer.

The app calculated meal bolus needs to be manually entered into the pump.
The prefilled cartridges are now supported (as well as the manual ones).

@Gaz-M sorry for highjacking your thread but thought it would be good to try and keep it all in one place :)

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I have the update from manufacturer.

The app calculated meal bolus needs to be manually entered into the pump.
The prefilled cartridges are now supported (as well as the manual ones).

@Gaz-M sorry for highjacking your thread but thought it would be good to try and keep it all in one place :)
no please do keep it going Chas C :)

Reactions: Chas C

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Here are three of the guides and user manuals for this pump :)

I have another one I can share by email but its 11mb size.

Attachments

• YPS8018 YPU_PTR_Menu_Map_V1.5_MSTR-UK-en.pdf
    301.4 KB · Views: 287
  • YPS8017 Connectvity factsheet_V2.0.pdf
    141.3 KB · Views: 262
  • YPS8000 _HCP brochure.pdf.zip
    952.9 KB · Views: 214