sudden pangs?

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm T2 and I've been following a LCHF diet (following weekly regimes on the diet doctor site) for five weeks now with some success. What would bring on sudden sugar/carb cravings? I'm not going to give in to it (I'll drink water!), but I'm puzzled. I've felt it coming on for a couple of days. I have recently upped my exercise a little but nothing enormous.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm T2 and I've been following a LCHF diet (following weekly regimes on the diet doctor site) for five weeks now with some success. What would bring on sudden sugar/carb cravings? I'm not going to give in to it (I'll drink water!), but I'm puzzled. I've felt it coming on for a couple of days. I have recently upped my exercise a little but nothing enormous.
Are you craving any food in particular? Have you tried any dessert or bread type low carb dishes that could have triggered some addiction problems? I found it hard to not eat a whole plate of keto bread when I made some.. in fact I did eat the whole lot in two sittings.. and that was after 2 1/2 years!

Reactions: johnme

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I found that cravings tended to come in waves but over time these waves became farther apart.

Reactions: johnme

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you craving any food in particular? Have you tried any dessert or bread type low carb dishes that could have triggered some addiction problems? I found it hard to not eat a whole plate of keto bread when I made some.. in fact I did eat the whole lot in two sittings.. and that was after 2 1/2 years!
Thanks for your reply. Just something high carb or sweet or both, I guess. I haven't eaten anything high carb or sweet since the beginning of September. No desserts, no nothing. No bread, no fake bread. I guess during that time I've had half a dozen squares of 90% chocolate over the period but the last of those was a week ago and they're not exactly sweet! I'm sure I have had problems with sugar in the past - not sure if it is addiction because obviously someone who is undiagnosed as T2 (as I think I may have been in much of my adult life and long long before I became overweight) has a funny relationship with sugar/carbs. I don't drink alcohol by the way, so that's not the cause.

You know, I used to love making bread. Especially cholla and pain de campagne. I think I've avoided keto bread for fear of starting all that up again.

Reactions: Serena51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your reply. Just something high carb or sweet or both, I guess. I haven't eaten anything high carb or sweet since the beginning of September. No desserts, no nothing. No bread, no fake bread. I guess during that time I've had half a dozen squares of 90% chocolate over the period but the last of those was a week ago and they're not exactly sweet! I'm sure I have had problems with sugar in the past - not sure if it is addiction because obviously someone who is undiagnosed as T2 (as I think I may have been in much of my adult life and long long before I became overweight) has a funny relationship with sugar/carbs. I don't drink alcohol by the way, so that's not the cause.

You know, I used to love making bread. Especially cholla and pain de campagne. I think I've avoided keto bread for fear of starting all that up again.
Not sure then ..but it could be the exercise increase. I'd maybe try and dial it back a little until you are more fat adapted and using your dietary and body fat for energy if the cravings become stronger.

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure then ..but it could be the exercise increase. I'd maybe try and dial it back a little until you are more fat adapted and using your dietary and body fat for energy if the cravings become stronger.
Let's hope it's a wave, as Guzzler suggests. Thanks for turning your mind to it.

Reactions: Serena51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Let's hope it's a wave, as Guzzler suggests. Thanks for turning your mind to it.
Pleasure .. I'm not a great exerciser although got a rush of excess energy about 18 months ago (after 18 months of low carbing) which lasted 3-4 months then subsided, unfortunately after the expensive annual gym membership had been taken out!