Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I think this presentation is well worth a stand alone thread. It mentions Diabetic Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Migraine, CFS/ME, Osteoarthritis, CTS and other causes of chronic pain.
On a personal note, it was great to hear that I wasn't just imagining a fall in my pain levels and that it wasn't a placebo effect or confirmation bias.

There is a short piece on supplements near the end of this 35 min video.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Guzzler will have a listen later - my N=1 agrees with the hypothesis given the disappearance of my chronic migraines.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi @Guzzler will have a listen later - my N=1 agrees with the hypothesis given the disappearance of my chronic migraines.

It must be life changing to be migraine free. I bet you wish you'd known years ago, I know I do.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly my migraine have been more frequent since diagnosis and low carb. But then peri menopause may be the real culprit and it may have been even worse. Who knows!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sadly my migraine have been more frequent since diagnosis and low carb. But then peri menopause may be the real culprit and it may have been even worse. Who knows!

There is some hope, my small decrease in pain levels didn't start until I had been at 30g per day for months and even then it was so gradual that if it wasn't for my diaries (the food diary I started after diagnosis and the pain diary I've kept for the last fifteen years) I may have doubted it was diet related.
The doctors in the presentation mention caveats to the premise that say dairy needs to be looked at for some people. It is very early days but I for one take heart in the fact that others are reporting similar (and better) results.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It must be life changing to be migraine free. I bet you wish you'd known years ago, I know I do.

Sure is. I was treating 6-8 a month pre diagnosis. It’s now 15 months since the last one.

Reactions: HSSS

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

There is some hope, my small decrease in pain levels didn't start until I had been at 30g per day for months and even then it was so gradual that if it wasn't for my diaries (the food diary I started after diagnosis and the pain diary I've kept for the last fifteen years) I may have doubted it was diet related.
The doctors in the presentation mention caveats to the premise that say dairy needs to be looked at for some people. It is very early days but I for one take heart in the fact that others are reporting similar (and better) results.

Agree with @Guzzler there is hope.

Mine initially got worse, especially during Keto flu. It was about 4 months into Keto before I really noticed a difference and a further 2 or 3 until they stopped. Although it took at least 6 months after that for me to start believing they might be going away!

Hope you are similarly fortunate @HSSS

Reactions: HSSS and Guzzler

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The aura is my godsend. I can get some drugs on board before the headache starts and have some hope at least of mitigating it.