High White Blood Cells (WBC) affects insuline resistance

sunjava1

Hello, I have done my Complete Blood Count (CBC) and all values are normal except White Blood Cells (WBC). They were high back when I done it 4 months ago, and they are still high When I have done it yesterday.
As per report normal values are between 4-11 and mine is 14.3. Now I want to ask does these high levels of WBC affects insulin resistance or not? As my recent HB1AC was 9.4 and four months back it was 8.7.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @sunjava1, ZAs a person with diabetes and not as professional advice or opinion. You will need to ask the person who ordered the blood tests to interpret these results for, that is what the results mean, what is the cause and what can be done about it.
Googling shows that one cause of high WBC is infection and any diabetic who has had an infection knows that the infection puts stress on the body and the BSL goes up - so insulin does not work as efficiently = insulin resistance increased.
Best see your health provider to answer your question.

sunjava1

I did asked him who ordered the test. According to him it is because of high blood sugar levels. Which doesn't satisfy me, as WBC are there for fighting infections. Hence, posted here so someone might have a similar case.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @sunjava1, you need to ask him what both sets of WBC figures mean not necessarily why they were ordered.