What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Couldn’t access the forum yesterday morning so just catching up. 5.3 yesterday but then BG went down all morning rather than up, so all good.

@Freema getting back in the groove!

@Bubbsie gorgeous dog.

4.6 today and a beautiful sky in London.

thanks for your encouragement dear Goonergal ... it seems that my liver already has coped with my hepatitis vaccine , which I guess was the reason for my fives the last few days... I had it late monday..

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Despite having had a splendid Szechuan banquet yesterday, walk around the National Portrait Gallery and a wine tasting in the evening.......100 wines, Madam was 2.7 this morning.
Jelly beans and a biscuit and 15mins later she was back with 4.4, now 7.6. A bean too far me thinks!!
50 bulbs to do this afternoon. Have a lovely weekend

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Slept like a baby in my own bed last night. 6.0 this morning. Going to start the two day fruit in brandy soak today in prep for Christmas cakes. One extra this year for the firemen who came to my rescue recently. Got some brilliant cake dec fireman
and engine lined up. Btw have only recently tasted celeriac so its Fish Pie tonight.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all another 7.5 for me this morning:) Sciatica a lot better so should see numbers drop down:happy: Great results from cholesterol test and Dr and Dn not trying to push statins again. They are still amazed at how my way of eating is producing such great results.:happy::singing: Have a great and safe weekend everyone.:wacky:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Slept like a baby in my own bed last night. 6.0 this morning. Going to start the two day fruit in brandy soak today in prep for Christmas cakes. One extra this year for the firemen who came to my rescue recently. Got some brilliant cake dec fireman
and engine lined up. Btw have only recently tasted celeriac so its Fish Pie tonight.

Celeriac is a godsend isn’t it? Try celeriac dauphinoise if you haven’t already - heavenly.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morning all another 7.5 for me this morning:) Sciatica a lot better so should see numbers drop down:happy: Great results from cholesterol test and Dr and Dn not trying to push statins again. They are still amazed at how my way of eating is producing such great results.:happy::singing: Have a great and safe weekend everyone.:wacky:
R-ALA is supposed to be good for sciatic pain my wife has been taking some of mine in the mornings and it has eased the pain quite a bit she says.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Late Afteringnoon folks, bit tardy today. Slept in.
Was at friends for a high carb, low fat home made curry and fruit salad dinner last night. No not kitten tikka masala.
Bloods late morening 9.8 I was expecting higher.......
Have a great what's left of the day, day.
Mrs J has my afternoon planned, unfortunately her and my plans don't coincide.......