Good salad ideas

Rosieroo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Any good salad recipes anyone can share for a type 1 (lada) diabetic . I'm trying to steer clear of the canteen food at work. There is salad but it's your basic lettuce and tomato !

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any good salad recipes anyone can share for a type 1 (lada) diabetic . I'm trying to steer clear of the canteen food at work. There is salad but it's your basic lettuce and tomato !
Toss in a can of tuna, some capers, olive oil and mayonaise. Or some goat's cheese, avocado and vinaigrette. ;) Depending on how many carbs you usually take in, maybe add some half-sundried tomatoes or onion?

D

Deleted member 308541

There is salad but it's your basic lettuce and tomato !
We get a mixed leave type salad here in packets, which has a good assortment of small veggie leaves mixed with rocket etc.

Use a bit of imagination to what you add to it.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a lovely salad with roasted chicken thigh & tahini sauce the other day. Another frequent flyer is salmon with kimchi/wasabi mayo.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rosieroo, if you're meaning the vegetable bit, rather than what goes with it, a coleslaw-style mix can work nicely. Finely shredded white cabbage, carrot, onion, plus mayo, a bit of chilli sauce and anything else you fancy, can give a great crunch as well as lots of flavour.

The same sort of coleslaw mix is fantastic stir fried with some mince or chicken. If you look up "Crackslaw", you might find some fun ideas. I haven't had crackslaw for ages! It can be such a very quick, but very tasty dinner-in-a-hurry