Nesd help with R ALA

Matteo1980

Hello everyone! I am having a very annoying peripheral neuropathy. I was trying different medications,including painkillers and antidepressants. None of them took any effect on the night time pain. I have sleepless nights since 5 months or so. Cannot cope with it lol. I was reading quite a lot of positive feedback from R ALA, so I would give that a go. Could somebody share me where is it possible to buy from? I mean the real one,high quality one. Also,if you have tried,what is your experience? Thanks all!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is really useful; I will also give it a go.

RCT evidence is that some people find it helpful, which I would never have looked at if you hadn't posted - thanks.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14984445
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17065669/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2836194/

best wishes

It is used in large doses via intravenous methods on the Continent for people with very severe neuropathy, but these are huge doses compared with the tablets. I can't see them doing this if it didn't work.

It definitely works for me, although my foot neuropathy isn't at all connected to diabetes. It was a side effect of chemotherapy over 5 years ago. It got rid of mine completely so I stopped taking it. After about 3 months it came back, so I am taking it again. All I have is one 100mg tablet of the double strength R-ALA once a day.

I hope it works for you.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The cost of R-ALA has been steadily increasing in the UK over this year, presumably due to import exchange rates. The brand I buy, Life Extension, is now £26 a pot. Recently I balked at this and in protest I stopped buying it and started taking the mix s/r-ala as it is so much cheaper. Whilst my wallet has appreciated the change , my feet certainly haven't and my neuropathy is noticeably worse.
So I can deduce from this that the stated extra bio-efficiency of the pure "r" product is quite correct and i'm going to have to bite the bullet and get back on it.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The cost of R-ALA has been steadily increasing in the UK over this year, presumably due to import exchange rates. The brand I buy, Life Extension, is now £26 a pot. Recently I balked at this and in protest I stopped buying it and started taking the mix s/r-ala as it is so much cheaper. Whilst my wallet has appreciated the change , my feet certainly haven't and my neuropathy is noticeably worse.
So I can deduce from this that the stated extra bio-efficiency of the pure "r" product is quite correct and i'm going to have to bite the bullet and get back on it.

The Swansons double strength, as shown in my links above, is around £18, cheaper if you buy more than one bottle.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I mentioned in an earlier post that it works extremely well for me. So well that last December I stopped taking it. A couple of months later it came back, so I started taking it again and it is working.

Reactions: Matteo1980