Cyndell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!

I'm a newbie here and I need some light about hba1c levels and surgery.
My breast operation was cancelled due a high a1c ...
Got into a strict low carb diet ,switched from Humalog to Tresiba and Novorapid.
Receives my new results today and was 70.
Will they proceed with the surgery?All information out there are a bit confusing.

Thanks

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
You will have to ask the surgery team. I am surprised they did not give you a target.

Cyndell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You will have to ask the surgery team. I am surprised they did not give you a target.
I know,when my Nurse gave methe results I asked so is that good??She said I don't know what the breast clinic wants...This breast clinic has been a nightmare for me,thank you Diakat!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Well 70 is above NICE targets, but that may not be what the surgery team are looking for. Has the nurse offered any advice or support for lowering it? Are you on a pump or MDI? How are your levels looking day to day?
Fingers crossed it is low enough, but if not come back and perhaps people here can help you tweak things a bit.

Cyndell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well 70 is above NICE targets, but that may not be what the surgery team are looking for. Has the nurse offered any advice or support for lowering it? Are you on a pump or MDI? How are your levels looking day to day?
Fingers crossed it is low enough, but if not come back and perhaps people here can help you tweak things a bit.
Aw that's nice to hear for a change!
I'm on Novorapid and Tresiba and low carb diet. I use that Libre sensor on my arm and my daily numbers are great but like you said we don't know what the breast clinic wants.
I tried to read the guidelines for surgery but it's all confusing and to be honest I feel neglected by the breast clinic.
Thank you again