Headaches/migraines

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I’m a T1 diabetic since I was 4 now 31! Been thorough a lot of diabetic complications although gp/hospital always figured out a reason for them! Been having extreme headaches/ migraines for over 5months now every day, CT scan clear! started on medication 2weeks ago not helping so far! Can’t function in my day to day life, hard enough with everything else with my health! Is there any other diabetics with this same problem? Help x

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Hello, I’m a T1 diabetic since I was 4 now 31! Been thorough a lot of diabetic complications although gp/hospital always figured out a reason for them! Been having extreme headaches/ migraines for over 5months now every day, CT scan clear! started on medication 2weeks ago not helping so far! Can’t function in my day to day life, hard enough with everything else with my health! Is there any other diabetics with this same problem? Help x
Hi @Emma.mcdowall86 Welcome to the forum! It would be interesting to know what your blood sugar readings are. Both high and, especially, low readings can cause headaches and I used to get all the signs of migraines when my blood sugar plummetted. Unlike migraines, these would disappear after standard hypo treatment. Of course, this might not be the answer to your problem, especially since you have 27 years experience! I hope this is sorted out quickly.