1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Headaches/migraines

Discussion in 'Diabetes Complications' started by Emma.mcdowall86, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Emma.mcdowall86

Emma.mcdowall86 Type 1 · Newbie

Hello, I’m a T1 diabetic since I was 4 now 31! Been thorough a lot of diabetic complications although gp/hospital always figured out a reason for them! Been having extreme headaches/ migraines for over 5months now every day, CT scan clear! started on medication 2weeks ago not helping so far! Can’t function in my day to day life, hard enough with everything else with my health! Is there any other diabetics with this same problem? Help x

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. Grant_Vicat

Grant_Vicat Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Hi @Emma.mcdowall86 Welcome to the forum! It would be interesting to know what your blood sugar readings are. Both high and, especially, low readings can cause headaches and I used to get all the signs of migraines when my blood sugar plummetted. Unlike migraines, these would disappear after standard hypo treatment. Of course, this might not be the answer to your problem, especially since you have 27 years experience! I hope this is sorted out quickly.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook