Gallbladder stones

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
I've been having my gallbladder scanned every year watching the polyps for any changes. I now have stones too and they're saying protocol is to remove them. How will this effect my already difficult to control diabetes? Anyone else had theirs removed?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m type 2 and lost my gallbladder 6 months before diagnosis. Gallbladder deals bile storage and fat digestion so it shouldn’t directly affect it. But I would be asking your drs this too. I thought stones were only a reason for removal if causing trouble as lots of people have them and have no problems. Perhaps proximity to a delicate pancreas is the issue. If you have it out reintroduce fats SLOWLY. Most bodies adjust but it takes time.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m Type 2 and had my gall bladder removed many years ago way before my Type 2 diagnosis. I was getting very painful bouts of biliary colic hence the need to remove it. Like @HSSS I thought gallbladder removal was only performed if the stones were causing a problem. Eating fat was never a problem before or after surgery.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
. I was getting very painful bouts of biliary colic .

Snap. Oh the pain of that was actually one of worst I’ve ever had. Two blue lights to a&e suspecting heart attacks, numerous nights curled on the floor rocking and whimpering as it hurt too much to even cry. Thank god no more.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Snap. Oh the pain of that was actually one of worst I’ve ever had. Two blue lights to a&e suspecting heart attacks, numerous nights curled on the floor rocking and whimpering as it hurt too much to even cry. Thank god no more.

Mine started when I was pregnant with my daughter, so of course it was because I was pregnant, I didn’t manage to persuade them otherwise until she was 14 months old, when they finally decided to scan me! :wideyed: I spent many a night lying in a hot bath, whimpering as you say :(

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you have it out reintroduce fats SLOWLY.
I did it real fast. Got hungry again 3rd day after operation and the food available (not at home, so didn't cook myself) was about the fattiest meal imaginable. I thought 'sod it, tastes wonderful' and stuffed myself and nothing bad happened.
Can't advise you on effect on your diabetes as I got rid of the stupid gall bladder before diabetes.

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
Thanks for the reply's