What is the relationship between blood pressure and diabetes?

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi everyone

Many diabetics complain of high blood pressure and of course this is not a coincidence what is the secret of that
I hope someone adds to me any information thanks

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not sure why no body has jumped here but I will answer your question:
Poor glucose management and hypertension are linked as part of metabolic syndrome.
When the kidneys retain too much fluid in repsonse to a high carb diet this causers high blood pressure.
Often when people eat less carbohydrate they find their blood pressure drops which is why it ts advisable to check with our doctor re medications for hypertension before staring a new dietary regaime And to eat a little salt to help retain fluid as your body adjusts in the first few weeks of said diet.

Reactions: Migghie

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, high blood pressure, high triglyceride levels with low HDL, and T2 diabetes are all part of having metabolic syndrome.

Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of conditions — increased blood pressure, high blood sugar, excess body fat around the waist, and abnormal cholesterol or triglyceride levels — that occur together, increasing your risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/metabolic-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20351916

It isn't the case for everyone. I have T2 diabetes but have never had high blood pressure nor high triglycerides, and my HDL has always been ideal. One size does not fit all.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Vessels under more pressure due to severe fluctuations to feed the heart enough blood to be pumped.
Poor circulation.

Walking is great for cholesterol hiccups and circulation.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
It isn't the case for everyone. I have T2 diabetes but have never had high blood pressure nor high triglycerides, and my HDL has always been ideal. One size does not fit all.
thank you all me too i dont have high blood pressure

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Someone told me that HBP and Diabetes are twin brothers. Though yours truly was diagnosed of hbp Oct. 1994, the twin brother did not show up until 2012.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I note that many of us are prescribed or offered particular classes of anti-hypertensive medications as a means to delay any progression towards diabetic kidney disease. I understand that high blood pressure can out stress on one's kidneys and contribute to them failing.

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Overweight and unfit people are more prone to all sorts of medical issues including diabetes and high blood pressure. If we control our diabetes through good diet and exercise, we tend to lower our blood pressure too. I got all sorts of benefits including lower blood pressure, improved irritable bowel and atrial fibrillation. The only drawback is that I have more wrinkles, but I can live with that:)

Reactions: HICHAM_T2