Urgent need for urination

Bassiette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
Hi since a week ago i started to feel great need to urinate i tested the blood sugar it is in normal levels i tried to use medicine Epimag as it may be kidney stones but with no solution. Anyone experienced symptoms like these before ?

K

Knikki

When you per do you notice if it is clear or cloudy looking?

If it is cloudy you may have a urinary track infection of which I would make an appointment with your doctor and get something to treat it.

However I'm not medically trained so this is guess based on own personal experiences.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi since a week ago i started to feel great need to urinate i tested the blood sugar it is in normal levels i tried to use medicine Epimag as it may be kidney stones but with no solution. Anyone experienced symptoms like these before ?

Was Epimag prescribed for you by a doctor, Bassiette? I thought Epimag was used more for constipation that issues with the water works.

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
I go through phases like that. I just put it down to my system being settled enough to have the time to flush stuff out.

MargaretR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi i would see gp just to make sure hope you are well

I’ve got a number of other conditions alongside type 2, and have been taking slow release morphine (MST) for pain. I hadn’t made the connection between this drug and increasingly urgent need to urinate, including getting up in the night.

I was inclined to think it was my age (71) until I started to wean myself off the MST. The urge to urinate stopped, including getting up in the night. I tried taking the MST again. The urge came back, as did the trips to the loo in the night. So I stopped the MST again, gave it a couple of weeks, and tried the MST again. Back came the urge to urinate.

I’ve searched the website, and read the leaflet that comes with the tablets and neither of them give frequent urination as a side effect.

My gp made a note to pass it on.

You’ve probably already thought about your other medication, if you take any, but I thought I’d mention it.

Margaret