GlucoMen Areo

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
GlucoMen Areo and Glucomen Areo 2K. I really cannot recommend either. They both require a larger sample than my old Freestyle lite, and as a result I have to prick myself 2-3 times for a sufficiently large sample, and I use 2 strips for every result as I keep getting an error (too small amount of blood). Super, particularly because the device was given to me as a replacement for the Freestyle Lite as the strips are cheaper, and in future my municipality will only supply these. Wonder if it still works out cheaper when I use 2 strips for every reading.
Sorry about the rant, but I hope this info is useful to some.

D

Deleted member 308541

They both require a larger sample than my old Freestyle lite, and as a result I have to prick myself 2-3 times for a sufficiently large sample,
I use a Multiclix lancing device on both Freestyle Lite and Accu - Chek Performa strips, I have never had a problem with the sample size on either.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I use a Multiclix lancing device on both Freestyle Lite and Accu - Chek Performa strips, I have never had a problem with the sample size on either.

Thanks for the tip. The lancing device that came with the Glucomen Areo does seem to provide smaller samples than the freestyle lite lancing device. I don't have the freedom of choice, though, unless I start self funding. A bit of a luxury problem when I think of T2s in the UK who have to self fund everything, I'll admit. In Denmark T2s normally get 150 test strips per year, but for some reason I can order as many as I like for free, provided I stick to whatever my local area has decided is the cheapest for them.

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the tip. The lancing device that came with the Glucomen Areo does seem to provide smaller samples than the freestyle lite lancing device. I don't have the freedom of choice, though, unless I start self funding. A bit of a luxury problem when I think of T2s in the UK who have to self fund everything, I'll admit. In Denmark T2s normally get 150 test strips per year, but for some reason I can order as many as I like for free, provided I stick to whatever my local area has decided is the cheapest for them.
Use any lancing device that works for you. the meter does not care what device you made the puncture with, so long as it has enough blood sample for the purposes of reading your BG values.
My point is you don't need to use the Areo lancing device if its not working for you, when you find that the Freestyle lite lancing device adequately meets your expectations.

D

Deleted member 308541

when you find that the Freestyle lite lancing device adequately meets your expectations.
I have just thrown another one of those in the junk bin, they are medieval compared to a Accu Chek Multiclix or Fastclix lancing device

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just thrown another one of those in the junk bin, they are medieval compared to a Accu Chek Multiclix or Fastclix lancing device
The OP clearly stated that he found the Freestyle lite lancing device suitable for his individual need.
I have the fastclix and I don't use it. My favourite lancing device happens to be the lancing device that came with my CareSens meter. The medieval stuff works for me.
lancing device image.jpg