What is it with these invisible sections of this forum?

Gork

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
White letters in light pink text boxes? How silly is that? What good is sticking to a color theme to the expense of not being able to read it?

I have tired to adjust the monitor, use other monitors, tried other computers, and other browsers and search engines. Not all of us have perfect eyes either.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Have you tried setting the forum colour scheme to black? ("Mild.")

In the bottom left of the page..

image.jpeg

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm only seeing black letters on a light grey background. And a red heading and red lettering for username in avatar.
I can't see any pink, but I am red/green colour blind.

Reactions: Freema

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
White letters in light pink text boxes? How silly is that? What good is sticking to a color theme to the expense of not being able to read it?

I have tired to adjust the monitor, use other monitors, tried other computers, and other browsers and search engines. Not all of us have perfect eyes either.
I have no idea what your problem is but I use the website on an Android tablet, a phone and a Windows 10 PC all with Chrome. I use the red theme and I can easily read everything. I suggest you look at the website on someone else's device to see if it is different and get their opinion as to the readability.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't see any pink with white lettering on the forum. I know what you mean though white or yellow lettering is the most difficult to see and it is often like that in magazines etc

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Of course if Gork’s computer is showing the red as pink your screen shot could well be pink too! ;)
That was the point, if he opens my screenshot in a browser, outside of the website and it is still not readable then the problem is with his devices/settings not the website.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That was the point, if he opens my screenshot in a browser, outside of the website and it is still not readable then the problem is with his devices/settings not the website.

Or the possibility of cataracts filtering any red image from the device as pink... Thus making the white lettering indistinguishable??

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Gork - There are no invisible part of the forum. That would sort of defeat the object of the whole thing. Interetsingly, the site went through an inspection process a few months ago, in order to comply with standards around accessibility, although I can't, for the life of me recall the catchy title of the Standard concerned. It is the standards the NHS and other very large organisations comply with.

I see others have suggested you adjust your forum settings, and on a previous post, I suggested if you were still having problems you could contact [email protected] with example screen shots and someone there would try to help you on a 1:1 basis.

On Windows 10, there are various settings which can adjust how things appear on your screen. It could be useful to check those out, in case something got changes by mistake along the way.

Similarly on handheld devices, such as iPads or Android Tablets there are settings, usually designed for those with sight issues, which can make things appear on the screen - lighter/darker, brighter or even almost as a photographic negative.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Gork - Thinking about this, I had something equally bizarre a couple of years ago, when a graphics card was failing on a laptop. It affected everything I had open at the time, meaning everything had either a ral pink/blue/yellow hue to it, then latterly, it just went to bold, blocks of colour in stripes across the screen.

A replacement graphics card sorted it out.

I hope that isn't your issue, but just trying to think outside the box.

Reactions: MikeStrutter
D

Deleted member 308541

Or the possibility of cataracts filtering any red image from the device as pink... Thus making the white lettering indistinguishable??
I found that when I had cataracts, that everything had dirty yellow cast to it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I found that when I had cataracts, that everything had dirty yellow cast to it.

My mum had them.. She mentioned it was like constantly looking a dirty net curtain.

Oddly though, some of the description from @gork almost suggests what happens with the eyes (or image perception.) during hypoglycaemia?? Colour blindness, (strong colours "muted.") dark text getting a "white out" on a bright background.

Which can make this below during a low.

image.png

Look a little like this quick mock up of the same screenshot??

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My mum had them.. She mentioned it was like constantly looking a dirty net curtain.

Oddly though, some of the description from @Gork almost suggests what happens with the eyes (or image perception.) during hypoglycaemia?? Colour blindness, (strong colours "muted.") dark text getting a "white out" on a bright background.

Which can make this below during a low.

View attachment 30066

Look a little like this quick mock up of the same screenshot??

View attachment 30065
Surely if it's that bad the problem would be general not just noticeable on one website?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 308541

That should have been the description I should have used, dirty net curtains, your Mum's spot on with that one.

I cannot see anything wrong with the pix it looks ok to me.

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Surely if it's that bad the problem would be general not just noticeable on one website?

I agree.. However, part of the issue with a hypo (mentally) is one can also get locked into a "loop" one can't get out of?
Possibly why the issue fixation with this site..? They can play cruel tricks till one realises, "take in some carb & treat it." ;)

Gork

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It is on all computers, different monitors, even links in my e-mail messages. From what I read, it is a plague foisted on us about 5 years ago. I go to the library and they complain about it too.

When I click on the popup at the lower part of the screen, I get "Mild" or Red". No option for black.

I tried Firefox, Opera, Chrome and IE.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I don't see any problems with the forum colouring or shading.
I'm sorry you feel @Gork that it's the site end.

Could your system be carrying a bug?

Try a brand new device from a friend. If that friend can see red and white without discolour.
Changing your passwords may help a litte too.

I hope you get this sorted, asap.