Type 1'stars R Us

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Oooo - I used to love White Pudding!! Not had it for years, not having lived in the vicinity of a chip shop with it on the menu since about 2004...

Lol, Japes, I've got 2 chippers within 200 yards of me which does them, but haven't eaten one for years. Next time I do I'll do a snap of it and post it for you, to reminisce!

It'll have ketchup on it, mind you, none of that filthy broon sauce/vinegar nonsense!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
No when i went for appointment consultant said my numbers were well controlled so i go back in february i think if i had persisted i would of got it but think i just got cold feet too il let you know how i get on in feb
Hi @karen8967, A pity. I wonder whether the consultant also had a finance-saving hat on. The criteria in Australia includes HBA1C = or > 7.5. ? is it worth increasing your HBA1c a little to make it easier to obtain the pump. You have ? 2 month to get there ??:):):)Best Wishes and we all know what Xmas does to BSLs !!!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Granddaughter and Grandson arrived about an hour ago. Quality street have took a bashing, we’ve played sweet shops, decanted chewies into empty test strip pots, Playdoh is currently all over dining table.
They’re having a sleepover. I fear things will get messy before they get better:).
No let up until they get collected in the morning.
Life is good. Even with smelly Playdoh hands.
Perhaps look at my-best-kite.com in future, with some materials prepared ???

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all, a stores 'best' lasagne for tea and a waking 13.6, I never learn :p

'Twas a right plateful tho so I'll take the hit :) town shortly with child for Christmas shopping and then on hopefully for a swim, bloods depending :) and the rest of the day will be housework then some laziness for later.

Have a good one :)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There probably is but I've not found it yet!

My folks took me to a Michelin starred restaurant for my 50th - some of the square centimetre sized niblets with foam creations they served up might as well have been playdoh for the lack of substance in them.

Chippers here also do White Pudding, which is basically battered deep fried porridge. Oatmeal, onions, suet, spices. And why not?

Goan, man, put a wee bit ae balsamic vinegar oan that tae make it sophisticated, likes.

View attachment 30037

Oh @Scott-C you are a funny lot through on the east coast, unlike us west coast who are much more sofisticated n that. White pudding is just so wrong, gotta be black pudding. And as for you other little east coast foible, salt n sauce with you chippy. Dont be crazy man, gotta be salt n vinegar:happy::happy::happy:

K

Knikki

Hey ho!!!

Off out later to get a replacement hi-fi setup for dad, should be fun.

I thought Christmas dinners etc would be easy to handle with Etch A Sketch but know for the 2nd time I just can't get it right and been all over the place last night. Oh well live and learn.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
IMG_1544968421.793269.jpg

IMG_1544968439.324848.jpg

IMG_1544968452.969707.jpg

IMG_1544968468.836081.jpg

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Oh @Scott-C you are a funny lot through on the east coast, unlike us west coast who are much more sofisticated n that. White pudding is just so wrong, gotta be black pudding. And as for you other little east coast foible, salt n sauce with you chippy. Dont be crazy man, gotta be salt n vinegar:happy::happy::happy:

Lol, and let's not even mention chips and curry sauce, that one is way too contentious!

This is bringing back memories of a chip shop near Kelvinbridge underground, can't remember the name of it, don't know if it's still there. I lived in Clouston Street, just behind the botanics, about 15 yrs ago, and can still remember the shop doing a breaded salmon supper - had to wait about 25 mins for it, but worth the wait.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Scott-C @smc4761 . Chips with gravy. Discuss.
I wasn’t present at the time of this incident but here goes.
Wife’s mother ( RIP ) visited a food outlet here in the Midlands some years back.
Chips were ordered and duly arrived with gravy on them.
“ who puts f***** gravy on chips? “ could be heard throughout the establishment.:woot:

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
There was a couple of days last week where my bg was all over the shop after eating healthy stuff like feta salad, spring vegetable broth, lamb chops and so on.

Today, I had to nip out to an Argos in an out of town retail park to pick up a new phone.

It was all a bit of a rush, so grabbed a greggs sausage roll on the way to get the bus, then had a few KFC drumsticks at the retail park after getting the phone. Yes, I know, none of that is healthy, but I was in a rush and a gap needed filling, won't do it again, honest.

Anyway, the *** thing is that despite eating rubbish all day, bg has been cruising along steadily at around 5.

Anyway, that was all just a prelude to make it seem vaguely relevant to T1. The real story is that just outside the retail park, there's a few uber-bling car showrooms. Maserati, Bentley, Jaguar, Porsche, Lamborghini. I've spent the afternoon stroking cars. And I didn't even get a row from the attendants for smearing KFC grease on the cars.

How often do you see a carpark like the pic below?

Green, orange, nah, blue, mibbe, but a gun metal grey Lambo, ooh, yes, want that.

What's that you say, in your f'ng dreams mate. Yeah, true.

20181216_145337.jpg

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Scott-C . How the other half live.
Greggs and KFC. :):):)
I had to cancel my Lambo order. Apparently they don’t fit towbars:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Next best option was a Skoda.:)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Scott-C @smc4761 . Chips with gravy. Discuss.
I wasn’t present at the time of this incident but here goes.
Wife’s mother ( RIP ) visited a food outlet here in the Midlands some years back.
Chips were ordered and duly arrived with gravy on them.
“ who puts f***** gravy on chips? “ could be heard throughout the establishment.:woot:

Chips with gravy, it a no from me. Chips with curry sauce however I do like, then again I will eat most things with curry sauce