Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Best of luck with the child-proofing! Are you on a pump now ?
No when i went for appointment consultant said my numbers were well controlled so i go back in february i think if i had persisted i would of got it but think i just got cold feet too il let you know how i get on in feb

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all and happy Saturday, I slept until 9 before waking at 3.8 but at least that's a short breakfast pre-bolus :p

My night with the young un so I guess it's Christmas shopping time, that hopefully means we'll go far a carvery for tea tonight, a car boot sale in the morning and hopefully a swim but my first job's to drive by my mums old house to check the buyers have moved in as the estate agent didn't confirm completion.

I only post on this thread and the regular exercise one these days, with the odd addition to my food post, otherwise I'd repeat meal pictures :) the user ignore button's a good tool too :p

Have a good weekend :)

Last edited:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Did the adrenaline surge affect your BSLs?
I know they affect mine.
Back in the day, I rushed from the hospital where I was working to see a doctor for a life insurance medical exam.
I know, why would I try to get life insurance as a TID? I had a young family and not much behind me in case i kicked the bucket.
I did have some sugar in the urine on testing (no glucose meters back then) and explained to the doctor that I had been involved in a cardiac arrest before I had dashed out of the hospital and the stress of that could explain the result.
He looked me up and down and said "Well you are looking very well for having had a cardiac arrest "!
I did get a little spike to the high sevens, so took a small dose, and was back to normal in an hour :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haven't been through an airport scanner since I've been using Libre but it still keeps setting off the security alarm at my local Tesco. I'm experimenting with ways to avoid it; keeping the arm with the sensor as close as possible to the middle of the two scanners, walking in between people so I'm shielded from the scanner (not easy, not always possible and probably not popular:D) and going as fast as I can. If it weren't the closest supermarket I'd never shop there....

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This having a car for a few days is very exciting. But, I think I've overdone the "5 to drive" this morning.

Obviously the long-awaited trip to the tip with the defunct electrical equipment and defunct household items, (only possible with a car in these parts) both lots of Heavy and Awkward shopping lists sorted and a flurry of putting it all away, didn't off-set the lack of a proper walk enough for me to be back in range by lunch time.

Just sitting waiting for the pre-bolus to take some effect before eating and pondering what other tasks I can do on a rainy day with a car.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well the terrors ...sorry i mean grandsons have just gone home couldnt take them the park far toi cold house resembles something that a bomb has hit .im sitting here shaking my head wondering where to start and grandad has gone over the pub to recover ...i wouldnt have it any other way lots of fun plus im off to join grandad when im done hes ordering me a large vodka a very large one

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well the terrors ...sorry i mean grandsons have just gone home couldnt take them the park far toi cold house resembles something that a bomb has hit .im sitting here shaking my head wondering where to start and grandad has gone over the pub to recover ...i wouldnt have it any other way lots of fun plus im off to join grandad when im done hes ordering me a large vodka a very large one
Granddaughter and Grandson arrived about an hour ago. Quality street have took a bashing, we’ve played sweet shops, decanted chewies into empty test strip pots, Playdoh is currently all over dining table.
They’re having a sleepover. I fear things will get messy before they get better:).
No let up until they get collected in the morning.
Life is good. Even with smelly Playdoh hands.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Love this! Enjoy the Vodka.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Granddaughter and Grandson arrived about an hour ago. Quality street have took a bashing, we’ve played sweet shops, decanted chewies into empty test strip pots, Playdoh is currently all over dining table.
They’re having a sleepover. I fear things will get messy before they get better:).
No let up until they get collected in the morning.
Couldnt agree more our alex the eldest has made slime im prob sitting here with vodka in hand and slime in my hair people will just think im being festive cos its got glitter in

Reactions: Cumberland

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Ok, show of hands, who ate playdoh when they were a kid? I know I did.

A quick google shows it would be a viable addition to a keto diet....

Screenshot_2018-12-15-17-46-51.png

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Scott-C . You had cardboard??????????
I’m slightly worried about Playdoh consumption. A sneaky feeling that there is somewhere in your neck of the woods that probably offers “ battered Playdoh”;);)

Reactions: Cumberland

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
sneaky feeling that there is somewhere in your neck of the woods that probably offers “ battered Playdoh”

There probably is but I've not found it yet!

My folks took me to a Michelin starred restaurant for my 50th - some of the square centimetre sized niblets with foam creations they served up might as well have been playdoh for the lack of substance in them.

Chippers here also do White Pudding, which is basically battered deep fried porridge. Oatmeal, onions, suet, spices. And why not?

Goan, man, put a wee bit ae balsamic vinegar oan that tae make it sophisticated, likes.

battered-white-pudding-200g-76-aerial-600x600.jpg