Type 1'stars R Us

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, not much going on here, again, blood sugar wise, but I'm not complaining, blood sugar I love when you're boring, please be as boring as you want to be.

Just put a new sensor on to soak this morning, changing this evening. Libre has had a weird effect on me, I can feel myself becoming more sociable, very strange. Has anyone else had any changes that go beyond better blood sugar control.

I'm thinking I might actually be so sociable that I buy my downstairs neighbour a token Christmas gift. She is early 60s, very tough, been in prison, so if anyone has any ideas what might be appropriate I'd welcome them. I might go for a Christmas food type gift.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Poor seagulls, a previously healthy life upset by humans.
Favourite seaside bird-watching experiences are diving gannets and scurrying waders.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Morning all - good luck today @karen8967

Not a great start woke at 5am at 16.5mmol/l have only just got down to single figures after correcting all morning, did a set change before bed and was 6.4 then but started rising up until I woke at 5am, insulin flow was blocked, although working ok now, feels like i've been out partying all night (yes I can still remember how that feels..!!)

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It’s Older Daughter’s birthday on Friday. I’ve made her cake, decorated it (the style’s more of a naive thing, a Grandma Moses barge painting rather than bake-off) and drenched it in brandy, and it’s sitting on the kitchen table protected by an upturned tin. Lucky @Por69 and @Knikki and the seagulls don’t know where the table is

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Not a great start woke at 5am at 16.5mmol/l have only just got down to single figures after correcting all morning, did a set change before bed and was 6.4 then but started rising up until I woke at 5am, insulin flow was blocked, although working ok now, feels like i've been out partying all night (yes I can still remember how that feels..!!)
Bummer! I know how you feel! Did you correct via pump or needle?

Reactions: Juicyj

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Ugh, it’s a horrible feeling and you’ve had none of the fun.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I think it's fair to give @Knikki enough time to get there before you eat it, like half an hour, maybe.
The timer is on...... @Knikki will give you until 12 postcode is.....TR19 7AA
Poor seagulls, a previously healthy life upset by humans.
Favourite seaside bird-watching experiences are diving gannets and scurrying waders.
Don't we mess up all animals????

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Bummer! I know how you feel! Did you correct via pump or needle?

Thanks Colin, I wasn't thinking straight when I woke so did a bolus on the pump, with a bit of clarity I would of approached it differently and used a pen from the fridge, sometimes you need someone with common sense to tell you what to do when you find yourself in this situation.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Mixture of cake and in "lurker mode" at the moment.

Still here @kitedoc :)

@porl69 Save a cake for me matey :hilarious:
Keep lurking if you need to @Knikki. For all of us Xmas is a stressful time of year. Maybe the people with an odd street number could celebrate it at one time and the even street numbers 6 months earlier or later. Not sure what street number Buckingham palace is, but at least the PM has an identifiable street number !!:):):)
And here is a bit of a tease about cakes and all. www.OhDeerSugar.com

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks Colin, I wasn't thinking straight when I woke so did a bolus on the pump, with a bit of clarity I would of approached it differently and used a pen from the fridge, sometimes you need someone with common sense to tell you what to do when you find yourself in this situation.
Yes, I'm never at my sharpest first thing in the morning either! I only ask because I've had so many 'failed' or too-slow corrections via the pump. It took me many years of pumping to let go of the idea that it can handle it all for me...

Reactions: Knikki

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Years ago when I hadn't long moved to Somerset there were warnings on the radio about drunken badgers which I didn't really believe - until it turned out they'd been feasting on the windfalls in as yet unharvested cider orchards. I really, really don't want to meet a drunk badger :wideyed::eek:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I clicked on that link and the opening picture I was like "Oh My FFFEEEDDDDDDDD MMMEEEEE :woot:" until I realised that you have to drop it in the bath :wideyed:

So a :wacky: plus a :***: and a couple of :p:p:p:p:p:p to you Mr @kitedoc :hilarious:

I done EXACTLY the same thing lol
Sorry about the postcode mixup.....the cake is still hiding behind the screen