Type 1'stars R Us

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
good afternoon everyone thanks for all the well wishes .what i thought was my 6 month review was only my 3 month one .but have been discharged from that clinic as i have another pump clinic appointment in feb so nurse said consultant will write to gp at that time for the next six months talked more about the pump than libre to be honest she told me that based on a1c results i wouldnt meet the criteria and i dont want to make that higher currently at 61.but she did point out about the loss of hypo awareness and anxiety affecting my quality of life due to this ;)is a criteria i would get my pump .also she said i would still be able to have libre on prescription too .so happy days and roll on february shes told me to look at diffrent pumps online so i will do that after xmas anyway enjoy the rest of your day everyone and thanks again :happy:
Ah! A Libre AND pump whisperer!! Well done !!!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Late today
But haven’t you all been busy

Well we picked up puppy this afternoon on the way home the car exhaust fell off- so been to get that repaired

Had a hypo 6am 3.1 been ok since

Here is puppy

View attachment 30113

Nice dog. The laminate flooring & puppy paws will be an interesting mix, regarding traction... :)

Reactions: Cumberland

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all, 3.9 waking, no glucose and sat at 4.8 and rising whilst the bolus kicks in :) 4.5u this morning as 5u seems too much with a drop mid morning, the Libre reader says my average glucose is 6.7 at the moment so I'm getting my head round the differences I've found using Tresiba.
Another plus for the Libre is the ease of testing at work as it's hard to get blood from fingers outside in the cold, that could be a nightmare in days gone by and waste the odd test strip so has cheered me up :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good morning friends
awakened at 3.15 with a 2.9 got that sorted and spent half an hour with puppy before going back to bed

He cried for an hour when I left him in his crate so hard to ignore him bless

Have a good day

K

Knikki

@Cumberland That little dog does look rather fun and cute.

Bloods all down in the low 4's which is fine however expecting spike round 11:00ish which again is OK.

Have Libre DSN 6 month review tomorrow which will be interesting I'm hoping my HB1Ac will be lower.

On a side note I got a brand new turntable which I set up and connected to my existing AV setup and it sounds great so I'm listening to stack of LP's from the late 70's and 80's including The Smiths :joyful::hilarious:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Sensor change last night, new one had been soaking for 24 hours so pretty spot on from the beginning :) BUT (there is ALWAYS a but) BGs wouldn't come down from 10 before bed, didn't want to rage bolus so left it over night. Woke to an 11, no alarms which is weird....corrected with breakfast and now on a 10.6. Now I will start to rage bolus to get it down into single figures.

@Cumberland I meant to say AMAZING and not Amazon lol......bleeding auto-correct on phones!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all, bloods decent 5s all night, whoop.
Cumbs, I’d have wanted to take the puppy back to bed for a cup of tea too, though too cold out to dry a washed duvet.

Reactions: hh1 and Alison54321

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,

new sensor last night, accuracy isn't too bad, so pleased with that. Fairly uneventful night blood sugar wise. After I told my blood sugar yesterday that I loved it when it was boring it decided to respond by taking a trip up to the 10s, this is such a difficult relationship! But that was sorted out, and now it's behaving.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So cute @Cumberland though my dog loves a good sausage for breakfast, think Banger would be one mouthful judging by his size! I quite often when we're out say to him 'oh is that one or 2 mouthfuls boy?' when we bump in to a smaller dog (which is most dogs!) and wait for the owners reaction.............especially as he likes to get the first bark/growl in - he is of course well behaved and a perfect gentleman.........:rolleyes:

Late on parade again, just when we should be quieting down I get posted to another site where it's all going on, knowing I would be busy today I dropped my basal a touch but still wasn't enough, just had a 3.1, glucose tabs ingested and back to it.

Reactions: hh1 and Alison54321

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I just assumed you were some sort of super cool person who knew all the latest words to use to indicate membership of this group.
Super cool yes :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: knowing all the latest words.....I am a garage receptionist.....if its over 3 syllables I am on google checking the meaning (just had to check I had the right meaning for syllables) :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: