Referral to hospital

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @James1968
As you say, it is what it is, and enjoy your chrimbo.
Did they say why you have to go on insulin?
There are many reasons why and one of them could be how many T2s develop diabetes.
One of the many causes of T2, is hyperinsulinaemia. The amount of circulating insulin is too high and insulin resistance is high and pushes your blood glucose levels up, because of the high insulin/glucose levels, your insulin response has been effectively made weak. So every time you have a meal, the glucose derived from the meal will not be processed into energy.
Maybe because of the poor insulin response from your pancreas is the reason why they need to try you on insulin.
What tests have you had? C-peptide? Insulin? GAD?

Think I have had all of the above tests last time my bloods were taken so I will see on Thursday when I am at hospital

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hope you start to feel better soon. What an amazing GP you have!!
I have paid to have private blood tests as my GP is not interested even though my blood sugar can reach 30mmol!! I have asked on many occasions if I could be type 1 and its always a no - but how can they be sure if they have not tested. Am awaiting results. Hopefully will be before Christmas.

Yeah I have
I have seen him regularly and he has been brilliant always willing to listen and make time for me, he has even phoned hospital when I have been there to see him

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well I received a call last Thursday from the hospital that they want me to go and see them this Thursday 20/12
I am starting to be a little apprehensive about the appointment, but hey ho I will need to go cause I can’t go on feeling horrible all the time

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Recently diagnosed so cant give a lot of advice yet but want you to know I hope you get all the help you need and feel better soon.

Reactions: ziggy_w

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well back from the hospital with insulin to take twice a day,just done my first injection and it was not bad at all,the nurses said at first she was going to give one injection a week then ask lots of questions,she then went to see the consultant and come back to say start insulin today.
I have to call her on Monday with BG readings to see if it’s enough or will need to up the units I am taking

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well back from the hospital with insulin to take twice a day,just done my first injection and it was not bad at all,the nurses said at first she was going to give one injection a week then ask lots of questions,she then went to see the consultant and come back to say start insulin today.
I have to call her on Monday with BG readings to see if it’s enough or will need to up the units I am taking

Glad to hear that things are getting sorted, hopefully you'll begin to feel better in a few days.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
May I wish you all the best, and hopefully things will improve quickly. Good to see your team are with you.