Android testing

D

Deleted member 308541

Those oximeters have a light source inside.
Your right, both of mine had / have lights your finger tip goes bright red all the through to the nail. Those heart rate monitors you can get on the Playstore work on the same principle with the camera lens, the light source has to come from the cameras flashlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 308541

@Mr_Pot I have just taken a pix of my finger over the camera lens with the flash on, and it is bright red so it must pick up the data same as the oximeter.

Reactions: Peter john

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mr_Pot I have just taken a pix of my finger over the camera lens with the flash on, and it is bright red so it must pick up the data same as the oximeter.
I tried it with the flash and I got what seemed to be a very even red image. It would need some very clever software to read BG from that. I believe the oximeters use infra red as well as visual light. Using an oximeter type clip that plugs into the USB socket seems more likely to be successful than using the camera but either way I won't be mortgaging my house and investing any time soon.

D

Deleted member 308541

I tried it with the flash and I got what seemed to be a very even red image. It would need some very clever software to read BG from that. I believe the oximeters use infra red as well as visual light. Using an oximeter type clip that plugs into the USB socket seems more likely to be successful than using the camera but either way I won't be mortgaging my house and investing any time soon.
My first oximeters screen got dimmer and dimmer so it was hard to read, good brand as well it charged from a usb pot. The cardiologist have me a normal battery powered one earlier this year when i saw him.

I cannot see that bgl app being cheap if they get it be a success.

Here's that finger pix of mine.

djhYnAg.jpg

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My first oximeters screen got dimmer and dimmer so it was hard to read, good brand as well it charged from a usb pot. The cardiologist have me a normal battery powered one earlier this year when i saw him.

I cannot see that bgl app being cheap if they get it be a success.

Here's that finger pix of mine.

djhYnAg.jpg
Looks like your BG is exactly the same as mine!:)