C6B0F569-A374-4819-A0CF-8BF6CD5FC6F8.jpeg

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Awoke to a BSL of 16.8. Yikes and the metal cannula is pushing up a fraction of of the skin and leaking. Doh!! Must have been riding on the layer just above the muscle. Tough tissue that.
Now replace needle port/cannula, guess at a correction dose and wait for the BSL to drop. Breakfast sorta on hold.
The joys of cannulas and pumps !!! Cannulas are not kites, they are supposed to stay firmly on the ground in the skins!!
24430074.jpg

Reactions: porl69

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Think my Libre must be broken as well. A bit higher than you guys but my has Libre been reading 7.1---7.6 since about mid day, gotta be happy with that.

Nighty night

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If only I earned enough... although ATOS would still declare me fit for work...

Nah, just pretend you're dead, the movie world and MI5 is waiting for a Welsh chick moving around in Eastern Europe killing bad people with a good cover story..

Reactions: porl69
K

Knikki

Morning where's the YAWN icon when you need it.

Out in the pub last night for our usual "finished work and last year can kiss my a55 goodbye" meal.

Work at 2:00am Etch A Sketch so raged bolus (thanks for that @Mel dCP ) now sat here with Etch A Sketch telling me lies :shifty: at 11.7 but bloods 8.7

So onwards and every where really :hilarious:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, Libre still says I’m dead, blood and spike have me in the mid fours. New sensor to fire up this morning.

Going to the optician later, I had my current glasses in February, but because my HbA1c has improved so much since then (89 —-> 37), my vision isn’t so sharp with them.

Might go out on a first responder shift later if I can get a buddy, also planning to bake low carb Christmas cake, shortbread and mince pies. Hope you all have a lovely day :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all, a 2.9 waking from the Libre and a 3.5 on a finger stick, a couple of Dextrotabs and I've a sloping up line whilst my pre bolus starts working, busy day, I treated myself to a pair of swimming headphones from Ebay so am trialling them this aft, still waiting for my coffee to arrive from Jamaica tho :( and yesterday I started moving my living room around back to how it was at the start of the year so today I've the job to finish and presents to wrap, there's still Christmas eve day to go so I'll have time to finish my shopping as I've not really started yet :p

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
And relax - the simple pleasure of knowing that, after a messy period of my body not being entirely sure how much lantus it needs, 17 seems about right - flat, flat, flat.

Screenshot_2018-12-22-09-25-29.png

Although *** that spike up to 11 3hrs after lunch was all about, I really don't know.

Lunch was about 60g with a 20 min prebolus, was sailing along quite happily at a steady 5.7 or so for 3 hrs, then whoosh, out of nowhere, it just decides to go on a mad rise for no apparent reason.

I had a few last minute urgent things I was having to fire out before xmas break, so adrenalin rise maybe, who knows?

Am on 4th day of miaomiao now. It's running good - only glitch was I got a new phone and am still getting used to the buttons so accidentally switched off the bluetooth, but it picked it up again after a few mins after switching it back on.

I felt quite sad putting my faithful blucon back in its box. It's served me well over the last 18 months. It was like it was looking at me through its on/off hole saying, "huh, you guys are all the same, trading me in for a younger model..."

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, took 8 units of Levemir last night, instead of 7, and just about got through the night without going out of my target range. Seems as if, with the Levemir, I need to take an extra unit once it's about two thirds empty, I don't know how many weeks that is, only a couple I think. With this one I've put it back in the fridge straight after using it, but the same thing seems to have happened.

I'll use it for a couple more days, because 8 units seems to be ok, but it does feel a bit wasteful. Oh well, if I took a higher dose I'd use it up faster, so it's just how it is, I suppose.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning, been out walking in increasingly sunny weather, 8.1 waking, 8.3 after breakfast, 6.9 after walking. Would like to be below 8 but at least no post-walk hypo today.

There's nothing I have to do today so I'm going to make the most of the good weather whilst I have it and get in the garden. Had a builder here for 3 days replacing barge boards on a small barn in the garden; apparently the roof is insulated with bags of polystyrene beads. Some of the bags have been damaged by (presumably) mice, so when the old boarding came down it brought a flurry of polystyren beads with it, some of which are sitting across the garden like a miniature hailstorm. Good day for clearing up stuff like that.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning everyone, after older daughter’s lovely celebration. Managed to keep bloods pretty well in range, and even below range, despite own-made rich birthday cake with marzipan and lots other things carbs unknown. Quick 6am correction and gliding along in the high 4s now. Phew!
I find the same thing it’s most Levemir cartridges @Alison54321. Very frustrating.
Ready for some polystyrene reindeer now to complete the scene @hh1?
Do the libres secretly make pacts? @Scott-C and @Mel dCP’s both decided to flatline? And @smc4761 nearly there too?

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning teabags, looks like we are mainly having a good day with BG

I was at my pump assessment on Thursday at lunchtime and got the go ahead for a pump sometime in new year. Now I think my body has heard this and thought hold on a mo what about your MDI, you should stick with us and not go on that silly pump thing. :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful: Why, cos ever since Thursday lunchtime my BG have been almost perfect, well perfect for me. Not really moved much stayed between 6.1 and 8.2, had no crazy morning spikes like I always get. Even last night drank a bottle of plonk, which normally puts my BG way up, but no went to bed at 6.4, overnight dropped to 6.1 and woke to 6.7

My Libre for the 7 day average is showing 7.1, which for me is unheard of, my lowest ever by far. I normally sit at 8.1--8.5 with the very occasional 7.8--7.9

Sure I will have jinxed this now:angelic:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My Levemir does the same, @Alison54321 and @Fairygodmother . I do 7 units at night when it's new, then when the numbers in the morning start creeping for no reason, I put it to 8 at night.

@kev-w I am in awe of the regular up and down ladders. I've just done all my inside windows, and the downstairs outside which has involved up and down the step ladders (don't ask about walking on the kitchen surfaces, they're getting a good clean after lunch and the baking session) I started on 13.4 and am now sitting down coaxing myself back up from a 3.9 accompanied by a wobbly feeling. Need to write a note on the window cleaning stuff bottle to have a snack halfway through the job!