Leg circulation machine

TURTLE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone use one of these machines like the Revitive ?
Any reviews good/bad.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No! I walk instead. That may not be possible for you and I don't know what your complaint is but I was advised to walk as much as am able. 1 mile three times a day and in the last year I have walked from the UK to Barcelona!

D

Deleted Account

Oops, I though a “leg circulation machine” was a bicycle!
You live and learn every day.
Although, if you are able, I guess an exercise bike could work as well as walking.

TURTLE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No! I walk instead. That may not be possible for you and I don't know what your complaint is but I was advised to walk as much as am able. 1 mile three times a day and in the last year I have walked from the UK to Barcelona!
Fantastic...if you have all the time in the world to do this, just a "not used one of these machines would have done as an answer.

TURTLE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oops, I though a “leg circulation machine” was a bicycle!
You live and learn every day.
Although, if you are able, I guess an exercise bike could work as well as walking.
Yep no problem with cycling I have a mountain bike and do 20mile rides at weekends but the problem is sore calves when walking....no problems on the bike just walking.
I was told EMS is good for sore calf muscles so just asked the question but as usual on forums you get all sorts of silly comments from posters....again a simple no I haven't used one of these machines would have done.;)

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Check out eBay for reconditioned ones from the manufacturer.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic...if you have all the time in the world to do this, just a "not used one of these machines would have done as an answer.

I tried one of these machines briefly, once. I considered it an expensive piece of tat. An appraisal bourne out by plenty of negative reviews.
Although I'm sure you're different, my calf pain indicated a pretty nasty arterial condition and was advised that walking was best for me. Walking regularly, less than an hour a day in total, has helped my calf pain, which is why I suggested it. In my mind, and that of others, sitting in front of the TV with your feet on a 'shopping channel' vibrating pad is not as healthy all round as walking.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Taking a few guesses here, but I have just had a word with my wife who is a musculoskeletal Physio. Her suggestions may help. You might have tightness in your fascia, so myofascial release, which a Physio in her discipline can do or an Osteopath can administer. This is likely to hurt at first, but after several sessions you could see a benefit, especially combined with saunas. Alternatively sports massage might do the trick - both methods will improve circulation. For full bang for buck foods that increase blood flow such as garlic will assist in the dilation of blood vessels, more flow is always good to muscles. She also suggests making sure your potassium levels are in line.

Reactions: Dinet

TURTLE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Check out eBay for reconditioned ones from the manufacturer.
Thanks for your reply' i have had a look around and there are a few for sale but still selling for good money ?.. not much cheaper than a new one.

TURTLE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Taking a few guesses here, but I have just had a word with my wife who is a musculoskeletal Physio. Her suggestions may help. You might have tightness in your fascia, so myofascial release, which a Physio in her discipline can do or an Osteopath can administer. This is likely to hurt at first, but after several sessions you could see a benefit, especially combined with saunas. Alternatively sports massage might do the trick - both methods will improve circulation. For full bang for buck foods that increase blood flow such as garlic will assist in the dilation of blood vessels, more flow is always good to muscles. She also suggests making sure your potassium levels are in line.
Hi Thanks for your reply, I have considered a Physio and recommendations say this may help that is what lead me to the Revitive machine as not as a cure but as an aid along with physio....thanks for the info not really sure which way to go really.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Like everything else results vary from person to person, I have one and I love it.......whilst it hasn't cured my reasons for getting it it has certainly helped abate the symptoms, I brought it as used from the Revitive site and have to say its condition is as good as new with not a mark or blemish.
The most marked difference its made for me is being able to bend my foot downwards so I can put on a boot without pain or struggling to hard........a broken both sides ankle that's been screwed and plated and which was set at the wrong angle in the cast left me with shortened tendons, the Machine has enabled me to gradually work at getting the movement back in the joint........yes its taken a few months and you have to be patient as it doesn't produce instant results, plus I do believe its making a difference with the neuropathy in both legs.
For me it was well worth the money.

TURTLE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like everything else results vary from person to person, I have one and I love it.......whilst it hasn't cured my reasons for getting it it has certainly helped abate the symptoms, I brought it as used from the Revitive site and have to say its condition is as good as new with not a mark or blemish.
The most marked difference its made for me is being able to bend my foot downwards so I can put on a boot without pain or struggling to hard........a broken both sides ankle that's been screwed and plated and which was set at the wrong angle in the cast left me with shortened tendons, the Machine has enabled me to gradually work at getting the movement back in the joint........yes its taken a few months and you have to be patient as it doesn't produce instant results, plus I do believe its making a difference with the neuropathy in both legs.
For me it was well worth the money.
Hi Satindoll
Many thanks for your reply and glad to hear the machine helps with your problem, this is the type of feedback i was looking for many thanks again.