3 mile walk with a wobble!

Atlantico

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have just returned from a hilly and extremely windy 3 mile walk with my husband. After about 2 miles and at the top of one of the hills, I was really shaky, breathless and a bit dizzy.
My waking bg was 5.1 as I was hungry during the night and had eaten nuts and 2 raisins. I had just finished breakfast of 2 poached eggs on cheese and a bulletproof coffee and a bg reading of 5.6 so felt fine to set off.
I think in future, rather than just relying on my bg reading I should pay particular attention to the amount of fat I have eaten. I feel this is something that can easily be overlooked, especially on very low carb Keto diet.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Bit scary getting caught out like that on a walk. Did you manage to test during the symptoms whilst out?

Atlantico

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi,

Bit scary getting caught out like that on a walk. Did you manage to test during the symptoms whilst out?
Hi Jaylee
No, we had just popped out to buy a newspaper but then we decided to come home the long way. Perhaps in future I should carry my meter with me, even on small walks.
Kind regards and all the best for 2019.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have just returned from a hilly and extremely windy 3 mile walk with my husband. After about 2 miles and at the top of one of the hills, I was really shaky, breathless and a bit dizzy.
My waking bg was 5.1 as I was hungry during the night and had eaten nuts and 2 raisins. I had just finished breakfast of 2 poached eggs on cheese and a bulletproof coffee and a bg reading of 5.6 so felt fine to set off.
I think in future, rather than just relying on my bg reading I should pay particular attention to the amount of fat I have eaten. I feel this is something that can easily be overlooked, especially on very low carb Keto diet.
That could be a normal reaction to the state of your general health.
You may have done too much in difficult windy conditions that caught your breath.
Or you did too much, and you triggered a liver dump, which again is a natural response.
Unless you test, you won't know.

Best wishes