You put your right wrist out...

Ellit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Any advice on stopping the rot apart from keep your levels low.Having done both carpel tunnel surgeries....experiencing trigger fingers now and waiting for cataracts to be big enough to remove( does that make sense?). What is the way forward?
I am type 2....recently gone onto Abasaglar injection plus alogliptan and gliclazide and have bg average 7-10 approx.
Should i do a particular diet....exercise in a certain way...has anyone any suggestions?

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Should i do a particular diet...
Well, a low carb diet "stops the rot" for many people and can reverse existing complications. Have a look at the low carb forum on this site and at Diet Doctor, loads of information there.
Sally

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diet has a huge impact on blood sugar levels, what do you eat in a typical day now?
I had carpal tunnel surgery on one hand which was classed as severe before I was diagnosed with type 2. My other hand which was only ever mild has improved to virtually normal since going low carb for my type 2. Might be worth you trying it for both reasons?

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Sympathies on the CP surgery, had both of mine done. Nothing to do with diabetes. Riding motorcycles did me. Was risking gangrene in my left hand apparently.

After doctors referral due to thumb pain and pins and needles, on the nerve conductivity test I should apparently have been in agony with the amount of energy she needed to promote a reaction.
At the doctors, (3 days after the test) a different doc (community surgery) was asking me to move my hand in certain ways to see if it triggered pins and needles. "No point I always have pins and needles" says I. Within a fortnight I had the surgery on my left hand, I was stunned. 10 years on and I still only have limited sense from it, sometimes drop things. Imagine permanently wearing a glove, that's how it feels.

Right is better but also affected by impaired function.

LCHF has for me rot wise stopped the swelling I was getting on my left leg/foot, apart from some permanent discolouration it now looks almost normal. Losing 2 stone since October helps too.

LCHF is just a better diet, the wife is down by over half a stone as we eat the same (mostly) although she isn't dx and does eat more carbs than I do. She tests from time to time and is always in normal levels.

The best thing to do I think is to embrace LCHF as a life change, not a sticking plaster you can use as needed. Personally, I am almost certain if I went back to a regular high carb diet I would ultimately be another amputee. That makes it the long game for me, no option.