Now dont judge me on this next track, it's on the radio so their choice

It's Starship with We Built this City.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I learned "Waltzing Matilda" in Brownies. :)

I saw this thread earlier today so I turned on the TV to listen to some music. The classical channel was playing something by Beethoven but I got distracted from this thread by an e-mail or something. Then I got up to feed the KittenCat, and then I went grocery shopping, and didn't get back to the computer until the evening.

So I came back here, and saw this thread again. And once again I got distracted, probably by eating supper while watching "Jeopardy!"

So here it is now 11 minutes to midnight and I just saw this thread again, and the only music I've had a chance to listen to today was the "Jeopardy!" theme. And something I heard a snatch of on a commercial and started whistling to myself.

I am going now to YouTube to listen to @wolfie11969 's song "We Built This City," because when I read the title I was reminded of Sting's song "Fortress Around Your Heart." And then I am going to listen to the 1931 "Dancing in the Dark" from The Band Wagon. And then I will listen to something by Jefferson Airplane, because I never knew they had ever become embarrassing.

Unless I get distracted again.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Brahms Symphony No 3 4th movement
This is one of the pieces that touch me beyond this universe! The magic about this piece is that it makes you feel as if the composer is looking for something he has been searching for since sometimes but finally he finds it.

My earliest musical memory goes back to my first house, which we left when I was not yet three years old. My favourite piece at the time was the slow movement of Brahms' 1st Piano Concerto! Superb composer.

Reactions: alphabeta

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My earliest musical memory goes back to my first house, which we left when I was not yet three years old. My favourite piece at the time was the slow movement of Brahms' 1st Piano Concerto! Superb composer.
One of my favourite composers! Superb indeed!

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
One of my favourite composers! Superb indeed!
Have been inspired to listen to 2nd Symphony right now! Causes all tension to disappear. 3rd is on the same disc (Klemperer).

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have been inspired to listen to 2nd Symphony right now! Causes all tension to disappear. 3rd is on the same disc (Klemperer).
3rd Symphony 4th movement is the best! Otto Klemperer has an awesome interpretation for the Brahms symphonies

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My two favorites by Brahms. The first is one my mother used to play. The second is one I sang in one choir.

D

Deleted member 308541

Radio Caroline Flashback have been playing this for the last couple of days.

Floaters - Float On (Long Version)