High blood sugar

pinky_69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I feel like I've let myself down. I was diagnosed 3 years ago h1bc of 50. I lost for stone and got it down to 39 which I was so proud off. My last test was 15 months ago and it had gone up to h1bc 42. Had a test last week the doc called today it's up to 48! I have gained 9lbs in weight and Christmas was hard this year. I feel a failure. Any words of wisdom to make me feel better would be great

Reactions: kokhongw
K

Knikki

Well I wouldn't say you were a failure. We all have moments when life throws a curve ball and we all at some point, gain weight loose weight, get low HB1Ac's and high ones.

Thing is, you have done it once before, so by taking small steps you can achieve those low numbers again :) nothing is beyond what you can do.

Reactions: briped

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I feel like I've let myself down. I was diagnosed 3 years ago h1bc of 50. I lost for stone and got it down to 39 which I was so proud off. My last test was 15 months ago and it had gone up to h1bc 42. Had a test last week the doc called today it's up to 48! I have gained 9lbs in weight and Christmas was hard this year. I feel a failure. Any words of wisdom to make me feel better would be great
My words of wisdom are that if what you describe is a failure, then I bet that 80% of all T2s in here are failures. See my bio for documentation that I am.
I know what it's like, though, so plenty of hugs to you. You can get the good numbers back. You care about your health, or you wouldn't be reading and posting in here, and anyway your numbers aren't that bad.

pinky_69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My words of wisdom are that if what you describe is a failure, then I bet that 80% of all T2s in here are failures. See my bio for documentation that I am.
I know what it's like, though, so plenty of hugs to you. You can get the good numbers back. You care about your health, or you wouldn't be reading and posting in here, and anyway your numbers aren't that bad.
Thank you, yes I do worry my mum is diabetic and my nan had both legs off to it many years ago and died at a young age.It scares me so I know how important it is to not take this desase for granted. I'll take a look at your bio

Reactions: kitedoc

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thank you, yes I do worry my mum is diabetic and my nan had both legs off to it many years ago and died at a young age.It scares me so I know how important it is to not take this desase for granted. I'll take a look at your bio
I know. It's scary, isn't it. When it boils down to it that's what drives me too. That and the fact that I fear getting old and suffer the possible consequences of T2. My maternal granddad had it too, and died from a heart attack when he was in his 60es. I'll be 60 in two years ...
My bio is right under this post. It's probably way too long, but my excuse is that I was diagnosed 14 years ago :D

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @pinky_69 , whilst I appreciate you are disappointed, sometimes these things happen. You've gone up a bit, but you haven't gone into outrageously dangerous levels, so don't get despondent.

Do you know what has made your numbers go up, or is it a mystery? I'm not asking you to respond to those questions, and I don't ask to ridicule you, as some things we can't avoid, like stress, illness, andother condition getting in the way, to name just a few. It's not all about us getting it wrong, or eating dreadfully more than is sensible.

I don't know what you did in the past to bring your numbers down, but just try to get yourself a bit organised and use that as a starting point, and look for something you can sustain.

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I think I'm very similar! Warned at level of 46 some years ago - improved diet but mostly ignored despite my mum being type 2 and her grandfather before her. Told diabetic at reading of 50 18 months ago and did 8 week Dr Mosley lost 1.5 Stone and hbA1c down to 40 ....yeah....cured!! Allowed myself to relax and year later levels crept up to 49 last oct. Finally bought monitor last weekend to test blood glucose and nearly died of shock! ~on here all the time since last weekend learning from the experts and getting much needed support. I am already feeling more positive and less confused. I have begun planning all the delicious high fat meals I can have guilt free! That helps a lot with the low carb bit - I love chicken with gruyere cheese and cream yum ... Defo having that at the weekend! Having this blip will enable us both to have a second success story, see that thinking positive!

Reactions: Speedbird

pinky_69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @pinky_69 , whilst I appreciate you are disappointed, sometimes these things happen. You've gone up a bit, but you haven't gone into outrageously dangerous levels, so don't get despondent.

Do you know what has made your numbers go up, or is it a mystery? I'm not asking you to respond to those questions, and I don't ask to ridicule you, as some things we can't avoid, like stress, illness, andother condition getting in the way, to name just a few. It's not all about us getting it wrong, or eating dreadfully more than is sensible.

I don't know what you did in the past to bring your numbers down, but just try to get yourself a bit organised and use that as a starting point, and look for something you can sustain.
Hi I think it was Christmas I had more red wine, cheese, crackers and nuts. No sweet things. I was just in a different zone but I'm determined to get back on track. Thank you for your kind words

pinky_69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I think I'm very similar! Warned at level of 46 some years ago - improved diet but mostly ignored despite my mum being type 2 and her grandfather before her. Told diabetic at reading of 50 18 months ago and did 8 week Dr Mosley lost 1.5 Stone and hbA1c down to 40 ....yeah....cured!! Allowed myself to relax and year later levels crept up to 49 last oct. Finally bought monitor last weekend to test blood glucose and nearly died of shock! ~on here all the time since last weekend learning from the experts and getting much needed support. I am already feeling more positive and less confused. I have begun planning all the delicious high fat meals I can have guilt free! That helps a lot with the low carb bit - I love chicken with gruyere cheese and cream yum ... Defo having that at the weekend! Having this blip will enable us both to have a second success story, see that thinking positive!
I'm sure we will get there. It's just very hard when we love food! Well I do good luck x

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Carbs Lite, Fats Friendly...Insulin lowering lifestyle.
https://myhba1c.wordpress.com/2016/09/03/turning-mountains-into-molehills/

14500661_1810513185859806_7711385967489318436_o.jpg

Reactions: Alison Campbell

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's not terrible. Mine went up to 103 before I did anything about it. You seem to have gone mildly off-track, but you can get back on fairly easily.

Reactions: Deborahdesylva