Meaning of carbohydrate "of which sugars"

Ponchu

Actually, it does make sense in the context of UK labeling.

For example, look at the McDonald's website for their medium coke...

Carbohydrate (g) 16% RI
of which sugars (g) 47% RI

What does this mean? That there is 16% total carbohydrates or 16% + 47% = 63% total carbohydrates?

Oh!

I low carb daily coke!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are way more interesting than the cals anyway. I would love a book where I can look up the carbs of different foods accurately but where the cals are replaced by pictures of cats! In the app they could even be cat video's.
I might be onto something here, could be a goldmine!

First draft of book manuscript:

Total Carbs vs. Fishnet Carbs

Salmon ... 0 carbs

09a4db81_11419087_1448758205420294_1588938495_n.jpg

Sardines ... 0 carbs
Beer ... 13g carbs

301618_eab51047dbe62db8052aae81d1f40220_large.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-28_16-7-2.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-28_16-7-2.jpeg
    3.7 KB · Views: 287

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You just reminded me of the time I had a huge great black dog and a tiny little patterned cat - every day the cat came along and ate half a teaspoon of the dogs dinner, just to show him who was boss - and he would look at me and cry in case the cat ate it all and left none for him (the dinner weighed a bit more than the cat) when she'd finished she would sit down and wash her paws and whiskers (dog practically in hysterics by then) and saunter off leaving the dog to engulf the rest of the food. I know I could have shut the cat out and let the dog have his dinner unmolested - but he was rather full of himself and it probably did him a lot of good.

Reactions: zauberflote

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have some great response pictures but I’m too thick to,work out how to add a picture :(

Only peanut butter is thick. :) Adding a pic depends on whether it's one you took yourself or if it's from a website.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have some great response pictures but I’m too thick to,work out how to add a picture :(
Oh, it's easy. You first post them on your facebook with your phone, that'll shrink them enough to get them on this forum. If you're anything like me you'll be too stupid to copy them from your phone. Or maybe it just can't be done, not sure. Then you start up your pc and open facebook, go to your profile, copy the picture and quickly delete it from facebook before anyone sees it because you didn't want to post it on facebook anyway. Then open this forum and the thread you wanted to post the picture on, and remember, whatever you do, don't use the right button of your mouse until you've found the spot where you wanted to post it (if you still remember)!!! or the picture will be gone. Now use the right button of your mouse to paste.
Anyway, that's how I do it. Easy as pie.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You just reminded me of the time I had a huge great black dog and a tiny little patterned cat - every day the cat came along and ate half a teaspoon of the dogs dinner, just to show him who was boss - and he would look at me and cry in case the cat ate it all and left none for him (the dinner weighed a bit more than the cat) when she'd finished she would sit down and wash her paws and whiskers (dog practically in hysterics by then) and saunter off leaving the dog to engulf the rest of the food. I know I could have shut the cat out and let the dog have his dinner unmolested - but he was rather full of himself and it probably did him a lot of good.
Do you have a picture to add to our book?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, it's easy. You first post them on your facebook with your phone, that'll shrink them enough to get them on this forum. If you're anything like me you'll be too stupid to copy them from your phone. Or maybe it just can't be done, not sure. Then you start up your pc and open facebook, go to your profile, copy the picture and quickly delete it from facebook before anyone sees it because you didn't want to post it on facebook anyway. Then open this forum and the thread you wanted to post the picture on, and remember, whatever you do, don't use the right button of your mouse until you've found the spot where you wanted to post it (if you still remember)!!! or the picture will be gone. Now use the right button of your mouse to paste.
Anyway, that's how I do it. Easy as pie.
Not a pie I can eat. I don’t use a laptop, an iPad. So no mouse to taunt your cats with either. It’s usually pictures I have on here I want to add rather than from websites. It keeps on annoying me I can’t do it.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh ... well ... Macs ... :D

Actually I love Macs. I used to plug my mouse into my MacBook. Does an iPad have a mouse port?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not a pie I can eat. I don’t use a laptop, an iPad. So no mouse to taunt your cats with either. It’s usually pictures I have on here I want to add rather than from websites. It keeps on annoying me I can’t do it.

What operating system does your iPad have? Apparently it depends on how old it is and which OS version it has.

PS: are you using Safari?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We will! May we include other animals? Our pets will be so spoiled by the time we finish the book :p

Hazelnuts ...
... total carbs per 28g serving -- 5g
... net carbs per 28g serving -- 2g
... percent of squirrels eating hazelnuts -- 2sq

10927532-portrait-of-a-grey-squirrel-eating-hazelnuts-in-autumn.jpg

upload_2019-1-28_18-55-37.jpeg

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love the pics, @SaskiaKC - I am very interested in the ice lolly, but perhaps not the beer (access difficulties). Yours, the Supreme Ruler of the Universe. (My slave watches Simon's Cat and Henri Le Chat Noir when they can't sleep....)

thumbnail_20190128_190953.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Carrot: about 4 grams per medium carrot but this was a big one.
Rabbit: zero carbs*
Chicken: zero carbs*
Chicken food: a lot of carbs, but not very tasty so it doesn't matter.
Snow: zero carbs.

(* assuming you make them from scratch)
50333867_10216770341925234_4535922666476929024_n.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Love the pics, @SaskiaKC - I am very interested in the ice lolly, but perhaps not the beer (access difficulties). Yours, the Supreme Ruler of the Universe. (My slave watches Simon's Cat and Henri Le Chat Noir when they can't sleep....)

View attachment 30898

Welcome to the thread, Your Stripeyness. May I call you "Verse" for short (as all cats are poets)?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Carrot: about 4 grams per medium carrot but this was a big one.
Rabbit: zero carbs*
Chicken: zero carbs*
Chicken food: a lot of carbs, but not very tasty so it doesn't matter.
Snow: zero carbs.*

(* assuming you make them from scratch)
50333867_10216770341925234_4535922666476929024_n.jpg

*All but Vermont snow.

I trust the guy in red died of a healthy and happy old age. ;)