If we all Went for a Meal Out Together Where Would it Be?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nando's do a pretty good range of low carb options :)

I’m in, was always a snob about Nando’s. Now a convert and their nutrition book is very comprehensive. Love a Nando’s after the cinema.

Reactions: Juicyj

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Norwegian Food Rooms........they do a lovely reindeer steak........nom nom nom........:hungry:
I spent about a year in Sweden a good few years back. I didn’t go a bundle on the pickled herring type fare. But I do occasionally take a trip to Ikea for the meatballs. They do great chocolate too but that may have to fall by the wayside now. Oh, the crayfish was great.

I saw plenty of Moose when there but never ate any.

Last edited:
Reactions: heh

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m in, was always a snob about Nando’s. Now a convert and their nutrition book is very comprehensive. Love a Nando’s after the cinema.
I went there for the first time a few years ago. I noticed they were always queued out of the door and wondered why. When we first visited it was the same and had to wait to get in. My wife loves it. But I guess it is chicken and chips in the main.

Anyhow shall look out for the low carb options next time.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Strange people talking about Nandos# I moved from London to Bridlington. I miss Nando's as Brid does not have a Nando's. I found one in Hull online. 25 mins train ride away, but hubby and I are going there tomorrow. I will be having. Half a medium Perri Perri chicken 2 bowls chargrilled veg with their greek salad. Yummy. I am not bothered about the chips.. Wetherspoons are offering 2 double cheeseburgers with no bun now. I usually have their grill with carbs taken off and a side salad

Reactions: Prem51 and Listlad

Muddikins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, just off St. Benedicts is a little vegan place:yuck:..... but behind that is a fabulous steak house with Bearnaise to die for:)
Actually though it has to be Cookies Crab Shop in Salthouse. herring a million ways, shellfish of every type, lobster, crab galore. There are a few problems; it's busy and you end up on a trestle table outside in the rain; the owner doesn't really like customers and generally moans at you, although he does relent and let you sit inside in the winter...sometimes, the order system is Byzantine in its complexity and if you want a drink of anything that isn't pop bring it from the pub next door but don't let him see you. What it lacks in creature comforts and service it makes up for with just the freshest and best shellfish in Norfolk. Have I sold it to everyone or is the owner about to sue me?

Reactions: heh

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, just off St. Benedicts is a little vegan place:yuck:..... but behind that is a fabulous steak house with Bearnaise to die for:)
Actually though it has to be Cookies Crab Shop in Salthouse. herring a million ways, shellfish of every type, lobster, crab galore. There are a few problems; it's busy and you end up on a trestle table outside in the rain; the owner doesn't really like customers and generally moans at you, although he does relent and let you sit inside in the winter...sometimes, the order system is Byzantine in its complexity and if you want a drink of anything that isn't pop bring it from the pub next door but don't let him see you. What it lacks in creature comforts and service it makes up for with just the freshest and best shellfish in Norfolk. Have I sold it to everyone or is the owner about to sue me?
Byzantine. That brings back memories of lectures on Visigoths and Ostrogoths, delivered by a lecturer with a lisp.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Strange people talking about Nandos# I moved from London to Bridlington. I miss Nando's as Brid does not have a Nando's. I found one in Hull online. 25 mins train ride away, but hubby and I are going there tomorrow. I will be having. Half a medium Perri Perri chicken 2 bowls chargrilled veg with their greek salad. Yummy. I am not bothered about the chips.. Wetherspoons are offering 2 double cheeseburgers with no bun now. I usually have their grill with carbs taken off and a side salad

I had never even heard of Nandos until I joined this forum. None here in my neck of the woods, but when we eat out we tend to go to proper pubs. I have never been in a Macdonalds or any of the similar fast food places. It has never interested me.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
It is a long swim from Australia.
I suggest each person/couple//family/ whoever goes to the their favourite place and see if there is someway to link up over Skype or something else !!

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any Turkish restaurant -lots of grills, hummus, yoghurt based dips, seafood, halloumi, salads etc
We have a Turkish restaurant in our little town and I love it but Alan's not fussed :(

Reactions: Dr Snoddy