Regular moderate exercise log

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Deadlift last night, hip still plaguing me, after just 3 sets of my warm up its like someone has punched me just above my bum. I know what the problem is but rehabbing it is taking a looong time. Worked up to 170kg 4x3 and just about managed it before hobbling off home!!

Take care everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Drives me nuts too. We have 2 pools at my leisure centre and some of those in the slow lane (I’m not fast enough for anything other than the slow lane) in the exercise pool really should be in the leisure pool.
I'm in the other camp. My local leisure centre has 1 pool and I go to lessons but know I would benefit from swimming outside of that time. Knowing that there will be good swimmers who would either be inconvenienced or get swim rage means I won't consider it. Guess they/you can't win really.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm in the other camp. My local leisure centre has 1 pool and I go to lessons but know I would benefit from swimming outside of that time. Knowing that there will be good swimmers who would either be inconvenienced or get swim rage means I won't consider it. Guess they/you can't win really.
A lot of my local pools only have the one pool but usually dedicate 2 lanes (1fast,1slow) at most times and leave the rest of the pool as leisure area. No idea why this women’s only session meant no lanes - I’m sure some women still like a lane and aren’t all leisure swimmers. As soon as that session ended and it kicked into adult only session, the lane dividers were hooked up. Don’t get put off by us swim ragers ;) I know the extent of my rage is extra puffing although that could just be my awful fitness levels!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Emma_369 Mr ZF gets SO irked when there are loungers in the ¡Lap Pool! At his YMCA. He swims about your distance, too. There’s also a man we call “music guy”, who brings his boombox in and sets it going on obnoxious music for the length of his swim (during much of which he’s nowhere to be seen, but then again the mister is blind without his contacts). Arrgh. I am not a swimmer any more I find the asthma/ticklish airways to make it impossible to breathe in quickly enough to do anything rhythmic for swimming. And on vacation, the ocean water weighs on my chest like an elephant, so I mostly stick to the places I am not more than a foot from the bottom. Sad that the fish in me has come to such a pass.
@ianpspurs I don’t think an experienced swimmer would get swim rage if they shared a lane with a slow and steady person!! It’s the lollygaggers... and you are NOT a lollygagger no matter how we look at it! Rest assured that as you keep having lessons, one day the rhythm of this or that stroke is just going to “click” and you’ll feel as natural as all your other admirable activities.
All days recently had a 2.5+ mile walk in ‘hood. Have tried it during the day, with serious calf stretching right before bed, to ward off the cramps. Mostly successful. Last night I had a nice ballet class, tough energywise but really improved my mood. No walk- no time. Calf stretching before bed didn’t work last night. There must be something about the rhythmic walking that’s mire beneficial than stop-and-start dance classes.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will be 13k and a few 100 steps, swimming lesson and a bit of manhandling chicken feed and bedding. Very ho hum but if lat muscle and back play nice we move on to exercise bike and old git weights. I am a little worried that swimming may be the cause of problems:banghead:

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
2.66 mile walk that I believe I was asleep during.... zoned out anyway.
@ianpspurs does your swimming instructor teach stretches? You might be on to something, thinking the swimming might be causing your problems.

Reactions: Goonergal

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just scraped 10k steps and 15 mins Hiit workout with 1kg weights which half kills me.
@johnpol I’m astounded at your dedication. Hope the pain eases soon. You’re not making it worse by training so hard are you?
I don't think so as I'm incorporating some rehab work into my training, I had a night off last night as I had something else to do, but I still did my rehab work, I have to keep going Championships are only 14 training weeks away so just got to keep going. Mind you I couldn't do 10k steps at the minute I'd fall over!! Well done.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think so as I'm incorporating some rehab work into my training, I had a night off last night as I had something else to do, but I still did my rehab work, I have to keep going Championships are only 14 training weeks away so just got to keep going. Mind you I couldn't do 10k steps at the minute I'd fall over!! Well done.

Good luck with it, doesn’t seem a minute since your last comp.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening. Today should have been swimming night but I can’t lie, work was just horrifically stressful on too many levels and I knew if I got home and sat down I’d never find the motivation to go back out at 9. So instead I went for a brisk 2 mile walk straight after work so that at least I’d done something

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bravo @Emma_369 ! Some days just doing something is the best thing to do! And that’s what I did. Just something. Short slow windy walk so I can get somewhere on another load of laundry, and fix supper for stressed-out Mr ZF. Who’s doing your swimming for you!

Reactions: DJC3

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench press last night 6x6 with 105kg, but was losing my form on the last two sets so I decided to do another six sets at 80kg x 6 to get my form right, then finished off with one set of 10 with a two second pause to a 2" board to help with lock out power. A nice workout, shame I think I've been hit by a bus today!!!

Take care everyone.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Tiny, miniscule achievment, bought myself a skipping rope.
1st day no skips
2nd managed 10
3rd made it to 30
today 50
Am being really careful, because of shoulder problems.
Adding this on to the end of my regular exercise routine seems to work best.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just over 880 steps yesterday sat with right ankle up being mended. 12.5k steps and a couple of wheelbarrows of logs moved and stacked indoors. Generally sub optimal but a turn around from yesterday. One day soon I will put in at least half a shift - Jan has been frustrating.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tiny, miniscule achievment, bought myself a skipping rope.
1st day no skips
2nd managed 10
3rd made it to 30
today 50
Am being really careful, because of shoulder problems.
Adding this on to the end of my regular exercise routine seems to work best.

I bought a skipping rope last summer, glad you’ve posted this, it’s reminded me about it. I think the max I managed was 17!
Ridiculous when I think I used to spend hours skipping as a little girl.

Reactions: zauberflote

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I bought a skipping rope last summer, glad you’ve posted this, it’s reminded me about it. I think the max I managed was 17!
Ridiculous when I think I used to spend hours skipping as a little girl.
Managed 55 this morning. Thought it would be a different kind of exercise as mostly I do stretches and walking. All my family run, but I have no intention of joining in that competition.:shy: Also offers an indoor exercise when the weather is bad. Takes very little time to get me puffing, heart pounding, so must be doing something:playful:
The first time even three is an achievement:woot: