Freestyle Libre Availability

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Is anyone having a slower delivery time on the Freestyle Libre from their local pharmacy at the moment?

Ordered two on Monday from my local Asda and normally they have arrived within two days. Checked with the pharmacy today and on their system they are apparently still showing as processing.

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is anyone having a slower delivery time on the Freestyle Libre from their local pharmacy at the moment?

Ordered two on Monday from my local Asda and normally they have arrived within two days. Checked with the pharmacy today and on their system they are apparently still showing as processing.

I waited over a week at the local pharmacy and they contacted me to say could be up to another MONTH! Now scrambling around at Boots etc. to get one before my current sensor finishes...

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the feedback, have become rather reliant on it. Hopefully will not have to wait to long.

ChrisJ_SLH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lack of bacon.
I ordered three from my nearest ASDA Pharmacy on Thursday and they advised 5-10 days as they were having issues. They did say that they might get some over the weekend though so fingers crossed.

Having been accepted to get them on prescription in April, I hope the supply issue resolves itself soon. I've waited years for something like the Libre, having access scuppered by supply problems would be just my luck.

ChrisJ_SLH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lack of bacon.
Just got a call from ASDA, two of the three sensors I ordered are ready for collection. Can't wait to give them a try...

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the feedback, have become rather reliant on it. Hopefully will not have to wait to long.
Same here, feel like I'll be going back to the stone age using a glucose monitor again...

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got a call from ASDA, two of the three sensors I ordered are ready for collection. Can't wait to give them a try...
Yes seems to be a supply issue. I'm so reliant now, I would be willing to pay for it if I could get hold of one, but nobody has any stock, its all special order...

ChrisJ_SLH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lack of bacon.
Yes seems to be a supply issue. I'm so reliant now, I would be willing to pay for it if I could get hold of one, but nobody has any stock, its all special order...

I rang round loads of places to see if anyone had any stock, supermarket pharmacies, Boots, Superdrug etc and drew a blank. Only ASDA Pharmacy were positive about being able to get some. I had to go in-store and pay up front though.

Last edited:

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Picked up my order yesterday. I was concerned that my boy was on his last libre and not feeling confident having talked to Asda pharmacy Friday, so although more expensive I ordered direct from Abbotts which I haven't done in a long time since I waited 4 weeks for them to deliver. Shortly after pick up from Asda pharmacy I received an email advising that my order had been despatched.

I am a little suspicious that my delay was more to do with the fact they had taken my money but hadn't actually put in an order until I chased it on Friday but I will never know.

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
I ordered two sensors 5 weeks ago and they didn’t arrive for three weeks.
Last Friday I ordered another two and they arrived Monday!
There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason behind it. But it has taught me to keep a small stock of them now. I was without a Libre for almost two weeks and I hated it.

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well mine arrived last week, sorry forgot to update here. So took almost 2 weeks.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been doing some phoning around. Some places do have some in stock.

Just out of interest, has anyone seen the video on reactivating / reusing the device? Just asking.

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
I have been doing some phoning around. Some places do have some in stock.

Just out of interest, has anyone seen the video on reactivating / reusing the device? Just asking.
No, but I would be grateful if you could find it. I didn't know it was possible.

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Would be interested to see what you make of it.
I'm pretty sure retagging it does not make the sensor active again. Even when its finished the sensor will still send out NFC signals and picked up by apps like glimp, but the measuring mechanism will no longer work. Developers have tried hard to try and get round it with no success.

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
I'm pretty sure retagging it does not make the sensor active again. Even when its finished the sensor will still send out NFC signals and picked up by apps like glimp, but the measuring mechanism will no longer work. Developers have tried hard to try and get round it with no success.
Oh THAT!
Yes, I came across that video last year. No, it doesn't allow you to restart your sensor. It just allows you to use the NFC tag associated with the sensor to be used with another app. I saw another video last year of a bloke who created a little piano using old sensors. It wasn't very useful and to be honest you would be better off buying a Stylophone.