1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle Libre Availability

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Binary, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Binary

Binary Parent · Well-Known Member

Is anyone having a slower delivery time on the Freestyle Libre from their local pharmacy at the moment?

Ordered two on Monday from my local Asda and normally they have arrived within two days. Checked with the pharmacy today and on their system they are apparently still showing as processing.

2. Muneeb

Muneeb Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I waited over a week at the local pharmacy and they contacted me to say could be up to another MONTH! Now scrambling around at Boots etc. to get one before my current sensor finishes...

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Binary

Thanks for the feedback, have become rather reliant on it. Hopefully will not have to wait to long.

5. ChrisJ_SLH

ChrisJ_SLH Type 1 · Member

I ordered three from my nearest ASDA Pharmacy on Thursday and they advised 5-10 days as they were having issues. They did say that they might get some over the weekend though so fingers crossed.

Having been accepted to get them on prescription in April, I hope the supply issue resolves itself soon. I've waited years for something like the Libre, having access scuppered by supply problems would be just my luck.

6. ChrisJ_SLH

Just got a call from ASDA, two of the three sensors I ordered are ready for collection. Can't wait to give them a try...

7. Muneeb

Same here, feel like I'll be going back to the stone age using a glucose monitor again...

8. Muneeb

Yes seems to be a supply issue. I'm so reliant now, I would be willing to pay for it if I could get hold of one, but nobody has any stock, its all special order...

9. ChrisJ_SLH

I rang round loads of places to see if anyone had any stock, supermarket pharmacies, Boots, Superdrug etc and drew a blank. Only ASDA Pharmacy were positive about being able to get some. I had to go in-store and pay up front though.

#9 ChrisJ_SLH, Feb 11, 2019 at 8:26 PM
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  10. Binary

Picked up my order yesterday. I was concerned that my boy was on his last libre and not feeling confident having talked to Asda pharmacy Friday, so although more expensive I ordered direct from Abbotts which I haven't done in a long time since I waited 4 weeks for them to deliver. Shortly after pick up from Asda pharmacy I received an email advising that my order had been despatched.

I am a little suspicious that my delay was more to do with the fact they had taken my money but hadn't actually put in an order until I chased it on Friday but I will never know.

11. Capt-Slog

Capt-Slog LADA · Member

I ordered two sensors 5 weeks ago and they didn’t arrive for three weeks.
    Last Friday I ordered another two and they arrived Monday!
    There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason behind it. But it has taught me to keep a small stock of them now. I was without a Libre for almost two weeks and I hated it.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook