Type 2 Overnight

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi
Is it normal to still pass water overnight 2-3 times when on medication and getting bsl down?
Hi Ashley, I'd say it depends on how far down you managed to get those levels down. Mine are mostly in their 4s and 5s, and it's not nocturnal sojourns that interrupt my sleep anymore. What do your levels look like?

Reactions: Freema

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Down to 7.1 yesterday from 11
Fasting? Anyway, in my experience the better my levels the smaller the problem. I can't say at exactly which level mine ceased to exist, but it happened gradually, over a couple of months, perhaps. It's good that your levels are going down, but a random (?) finger prick test won't tell you much, so keep an eye on your trends over a couple of weeks. It takes a while for your body to get rid of all that excess glucose that causes the nightly disturbances. Consider drinking less tea, coffee, water in the evenings till you're ok.
Having diabetes or any chronic disease really, we often tend to put everything down to that, which can be a bit risky, so might you have an infection, a UTI, for example? Not that I see anything that suggests you do, but maybe worth considering.

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Given your sex and age it could be the start of prostate enlargement.

Reactions: Freema

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
May I ask which medications you are taking, please. These can have a bearing on the answers we give.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ashley

Peeing in the night is very variable, and depends on a lot of things, including how much and when you drink, several different medications, and blood glucose levels. Plus, of course other health conditions.

Personally, the thing that makes the biggest difference for me and my nocturnal trips to the loo is WHEN I drink. This is because my body tends to get rid of morning fluid intake during the day and evening, but if I drink a lot in the evening, then it makes its way out during the night. Seems to be pretty predictable, for me. But you probably have a different combination of circumstances which are combining to create your own personal bathroom timetable.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I agree with @Brunneria.
And our kidneys apparently are more efficient at filtering and thus producing urine when we are laying down

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I agree with @Brunneria.
And our kidneys apparently are more efficient at filtering and thus producing urine when we are laying down

I did not know that, every day is a learning day!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The number of times my bladder wakes me up is directly connected to the amount I drink in the evenings, and always has been, long before diabetes reared its head.

Reactions: kitedoc

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I guess there was a limit to how well our kidneys adapted to us going from all fours to walking !!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I guess there was a limit to how well our kidneys adapted to us going from all fours to walking !!

The ureters do have a loop in them (bit like the Thames) which is one way evolution has been slow to catch up on.