Why oh why oh why...

Shiba Park

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was at a works do today with a buffet lunch. Caterers provided vegan and gluten free food and nut advice but didn't have a clue what had carbs or how many. The only safe thing was the vegan (!) charred lettuce. When will caterers get it?

Rant over!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Shiba Park I don't honestly think you can blame caterers as they are told what food to prepare and serve, it's down to us to be aware of carb values which can easily be done via the Carb and Cals app, I am also wary of what i'm told as been told wrong carb values in the past so have to gauge any food not prepared by me based on my experience.

Shiba Park

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @Shiba Park I don't honestly think you can blame caterers as they are told what food to prepare and serve, it's down to us to be aware of carb values which can easily be done via the Carb and Cals app, I am also wary of what i'm told as been told wrong carb values in the past so have to gauge any food not prepared by me based on my experience.

Up to a point I agree - I even went equipped with my scales . Problem was everything was mixed up so weighing wouldn't work... I had hoped the 'chef' in the kitchen would have a clue about nutrition though as he put the menu together.

Anyway, don't let facts get in the way of a rant!