My latest HBA1c Test Results

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My latest HbA1c blood test results arrived today.

It's 37.8 ...it has gone up by 0.8 but I am still very happy considering the fact that I have been eating so much Chinese buffet, festive season, lack of exercise during the winter months and so much stress from work.

Hurayyyy !!!!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @NewTD2,

Great to see your post and congrats on your HbA1c. Huge achievement -- especially when your diet hasn't been quite as strict as before.

Hurray!

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @NewTD2,

Great to see your post and congrats on your HbA1c. Huge achievement -- especially when your diet hasn't been quite as strict as before.

Hurray!

How are you Ziggy? I am very grateful to you because you gave me a lot of good advice during the early days.
Thank you very much and I hope you're very well !!!

Reactions: OrsonKartt

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How are you Ziggy? I am very grateful to you because you gave me a lot of good advice during the early days.
Thank you very much and I hope you're very well !!!

Hi @NewTD2 -- yes, I remember those times well when you first joined the forum. You've done really well since then.

Can really empathize with having a stressful job -- makes it hard sometimes to find time to prepare (low-carb) food and to exercise.

I am doing fine. I am on semester break right now, so things have calmed down a bit. Three and half years on low-carb and blood sugars are still normal -- so very happy about this.

How has your doc reacted to your excellent HbA1c levels?

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great result @NewTD2! :) I wouldn't be concerned about a slight rise of 0.8. You are doing well.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @NewTD2 -- yes, I remember those times well when you first joined the forum. You've done really well since then.

Can really empathize with having a stressful job -- makes it hard sometimes to find time to prepare (low-carb) food and to exercise.

I am doing fine. I am on semester break right now, so things have calmed down a bit. Three and half years on low-carb and blood sugars are still normal -- so very happy about this.

How has your doc reacted to your excellent HbA1c levels?

So glad to hear from you and I am very grateful for your words of wisdom !

My doctor told me, "oh you're absolutely fine now, just eat... you'll be alright!"

She doesn't have a clue so I am just going to continue doing what I have been doing - low-carb, lots of healthy fats, exercise.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Well done, bud! Keep it up and inspiring others!