feeling weak lchf not sure keto

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just feel weak and i don't like what the lchf has done to my body i don't have any muscle it is like my top of my thighs are bony . I feel weak and depressed and just want to eat nice treats .

I don't feel like it all the time but nearly all the time , i am angry that i have type 2 and feel 'why me?'
I hate that i got this disease and feel i have a death sentence and might as well be dead right now .

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It might be a good idea to check just how you are eating - the usual advice from HCPs is to add low fat and low calorie into the regime as well, and that is never going to work for a lot of people.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It might be a good idea to check just how you are eating - the usual advice from HCPs is to add low fat and low calorie into the regime as well, and that is never going to work for a lot of people.
what is HCP ? please

Reactions: Paulwgun

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks , I don't know what to do with myself just feel so down and angry at diabetes .

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just feel weak and i don't like what the lchf has done to my body i don't have any muscle it is like my top of my thighs are bony . I feel weak and depressed and just want to eat nice treats .

I don't feel like it all the time but nearly all the time , i am angry that i have type 2 and feel 'why me?'
I hate that i got this disease and feel i have a death sentence and might as well be dead right now .

What are you eating? can we analyse and see if any possible problems?

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks , I don't know what to do with myself just feel so down and angry at diabetes .
It sounds childish too but my husband got his A1c back and its much lower than mine its made me feel pig sick ad jealous that he has better than me and we both did the same diet . Hate life right now .

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What are you eating? can we analyse and see if any possible problems?
pork chicken bacon , kale sprouts cabbage broccoli eggs mushrooms double cream walnuts two small strawberries and small amount of blueberries , nothing exciting .

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
pork chicken bacon , kale sprouts cabbage broccoli eggs mushrooms double cream walnuts two small strawberries and small amount of blueberries , nothing exciting .
and can't drink coffee as it leaves a strong taste and can't put artificial sweetener in or sugar so just drink water one coffee in the morning .

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does your doctor not remark upon the difference in results?
If they have been consistently different then has the possibility of you requiring further investigation never been mentioned?

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does your doctor not remark upon the difference in results?
If they have been consistently different then has the possibility of you requiring further investigation never been mentioned?

No because nobody knows how i feel i haven't told even my husband, i did tell my husband though yesterday that if i become ill just let me die as don't want treatment .

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having enough salt? One of the things that often causes problems?
Are you eating enough? Do you track your intake?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that you should see your doctor as soon as possible, as your reaction to your thoughts and to diabetes seem far too extreme.

M

Member496333

The same diet doesn’t guarantee the same results. No one is at an identical place on the spectrum of insulin resistance, for starters. It may just take you more time to normalise. It took me a year of hardcore keto to reach my goal. Others achieve the same in a matter of weeks. Don’t be too disheartened.

Of paramount importance right now is that you feel unwell, which suggests there’s something about your diet that is wrong for you right now.

Reactions: HSSS

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that you should see your doctor as soon as possible, as your reaction to your thoughts and to diabetes seem far too extreme.
I actually did speak to my doctor i told her i am scared of this disease cos my dad had it he also had four heart attacks a triple bypass Parkinsons' dementia ( which i believe were caused by statins) and he died a slow death in a care home , i was him most of the time while he was dying , i don't have anything to look forward to in life after seeing this . Maybe PTSD made worse by my dad's death as I already suffer anxiety panic disorder .

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah - if you don't keep to the same information, then it will get confusing for everyone.

M

Member496333

yeah sorry i just feel so low .

If it’s any consolation I went from triple figure HbA1c, retinopathy, macular oedema and unbelievably painful neuropathy - to a position of glowing health and happiness. Not that you should care, but my point is that there’s always a way forward. Don’t despair. Give it more time and keep plugging away trying to find a diet that suits you best. We are here to help if we can.

I would also try to be very careful with the resentment of your husband’s better results, as that could potentially lead to a strain on the relationship which will not do you any favours at all.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If it’s any consolation I went from triple figure HbA1c, retinopathy, macular oedema and unbelievably painful neuropathy - to a position of glowing health and happiness. Not that you should care, but my point is that there’s always a way forward. Don’t despair. Give it more time and keep plugging away trying to find a diet that suits you best. We are here to help if we can.

I would also try to be very careful with the resentment of your husband’s better results, as that could potentially lead to a strain on the relationship which will not do you any favours at all.
thank you i do care and you have made me feel better to carry on , maybe better weather will help and the clocks go forward this month so more daylight . My husband is ok he did have lower A1c when we started so its bound to be lower .

Reactions: Wilma_Henderson