Type 2 Lowering instantly

KTNIC

I know today has not been a good day. Not eating on time not watching what I’ve been eating ( been doing really well too) but, circumstances.
Anyway after tea 8.1 which is not usual, tested because I felt really tired. Ate some cheese, yogurt,berries. Tested 1hr later. 9.1!
What should I have done? Can I get it down before bedtime?
Back on track tomorrow, promise

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If not on insulin (your profile doesn't give any info), why not drink some extra water or tea and go for a walk before bed? It might help, and even if it doesn't, the walk will make you sleep well and make you feel happier with yourself :)
Tomorrow is a new day!

KTNIC

If not on insulin (your profile doesn't give any info), why not drink some extra water or tea and go for a walk before bed? It might help, and even if it doesn't, the walk will make you sleep well and make you feel happier with yourself :)
Tomorrow is a new day!

I’m not on any medication. Have had a big drink night try some herbal tea. No way can I go for a walk, would love to be able to, and if I was at my caravan would have no qualms and that’s in the middle of nowhere!

Reactions: Antje77

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know today has not been a good day. Not eating on time not watching what I’ve been eating ( been doing really well too) but, circumstances.
Anyway after tea 8.1 which is not usual, tested because I felt really tired. Ate some cheese, yogurt,berries. Tested 1hr later. 9.1!
What should I have done? Can I get it down before bedtime?
Back on track tomorrow, promise

Do I understand this correctly. You ate your tea then you tested at 8.1. You then ate cheese, yogurt and berries and an hour after that you were 9.1?

What were you before your tea
How long after first bite was that 8.1?
After seeing the 8.1, why did you eat something else?

KTNIC

Don’t know what I was before tea!
I tested because I felt really tired 2 hrs after eating. I ate something else because I read somewhere that was the right thing to do!! It’s like being back at school!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t know what I was before tea!
I tested because I felt really tired 2 hrs after eating. I ate something else because I read somewhere that was the right thing to do!! It’s like being back at school!

You did the opposite of what you should do!!
If your levels are high, eating again just makes them higher.
For people that are on insulin or similar drugs who see very low levels, then eating is the correct thing to do as this will raise the levels.

To lower levels, a brisk walk for 10 minutes often brings them down. If you can't go outside, then you can always walk up and down the stairs or round the house. This doesn't work for everyone. Drinking plenty of water is another trick. Just stay away from more food!