Trulicity - not working?

steve1972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,

I've just started using Trulicity. I injected my second 0.75ml dose on Sunday. (I'm also taking 2000mg of Metformin daily)
When should I expect to see a change in my numbers?
I've had the usual symptoms of nausea/indigestion & loss of appetite, so I'm guessing it's doing something to my body...
I don't know how much it should impact my BG, but the numbers I'm seeing are higher than when on Gliclazide/Sitagliptin combinations. I'm currently seeing between 7 & 13 with a morning fasting of 10!

The only upside at the moment is losing 2lb last week.

Any thoughts welcome!

Steve.

Roseanne01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
'isms'. Not being able to eat potatoes.
Hi All,

I've just started using Trulicity. I injected my second 0.75ml dose on Sunday. (I'm also taking 2000mg of Metformin daily)
When should I expect to see a change in my numbers?
I've had the usual symptoms of nausea/indigestion & loss of appetite, so I'm guessing it's doing something to my body...
I don't know how much it should impact my BG, but the numbers I'm seeing are higher than when on Gliclazide/Sitagliptin combinations. I'm currently seeing between 7 & 13 with a morning fasting of 10!

The only upside at the moment is losing 2lb last week.

Any thoughts welcome!

Steve.

First up we're all individual. Started trulicity November last year and stopped in February this year. My numbers dropped a little almost immediately, mostly because I felt too sick to eat. Longer term it stopped the highs but didn’t lower bsl much at all. 1 or 2 mmol. Sorry Aussie so we measure differently. Nausea wore off then came back. Stopped because I have renal failure and they’re now saying it’s a no go. On stopping my extreme fatigue lifted. Rare side effect but that’s me. Hadn’t noticed onset of fatigue because I started on it only four days after they turned on rate response on my pacemaker. My heart had been kept artificially low for a year to allow recovery from viral cardiomyopathy. The lack of appetite certainly continued but I was also on insulin.

Reactions: steve1972

NonnaJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi, started on the lowest dose for a week, then onto 1.5 at my three month check up my levels were exactly the same and I had GAINED 3lb! They put me on 3mg for a month, no change and now Im on 4.5. Only had one injection so far, but done feel any better for it. Loss of appitite has gone, legs still "burning". And my levels are still high, 10+ on waking and often 16 later in the day. Is this common? Im losing hope.