1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Trulicity - not working?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by steve1972, Mar 26, 2019.

1. steve1972

steve1972 Type 2 · Member

Hi All,

I've just started using Trulicity. I injected my second 0.75ml dose on Sunday. (I'm also taking 2000mg of Metformin daily)
    When should I expect to see a change in my numbers?
    I've had the usual symptoms of nausea/indigestion & loss of appetite, so I'm guessing it's doing something to my body...
    I don't know how much it should impact my BG, but the numbers I'm seeing are higher than when on Gliclazide/Sitagliptin combinations. I'm currently seeing between 7 & 13 with a morning fasting of 10!

The only upside at the moment is losing 2lb last week.

Any thoughts welcome!

Steve.

2. Roseanne01

Roseanne01 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

First up we're all individual. Started trulicity November last year and stopped in February this year. My numbers dropped a little almost immediately, mostly because I felt too sick to eat. Longer term it stopped the highs but didn’t lower bsl much at all. 1 or 2 mmol. Sorry Aussie so we measure differently. Nausea wore off then came back. Stopped because I have renal failure and they’re now saying it’s a no go. On stopping my extreme fatigue lifted. Rare side effect but that’s me. Hadn’t noticed onset of fatigue because I started on it only four days after they turned on rate response on my pacemaker. My heart had been kept artificially low for a year to allow recovery from viral cardiomyopathy. The lack of appetite certainly continued but I was also on insulin.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook