Type 2 Bad bad bad bad [emoji52]

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
So after hospital wouldn’t take bloods yesterday!! I returned today!

I have felt great (apart from the odd moment) and been pretty low carb. Stomach so much better and me so much better.

Left the clinic today and immediately cravings kicked in. Wasn’t hungry just wanted to eat.

Had a wait for next lesson so went to tesco to use Loo. Didn’t even occur to me this was a bad idea. Went to loo, bought a sausage from deli, figured if I wanted something just eat and hopefully it would go.

Then as I left tills, boom, Easter eggs. I was a goner.

I bought a rolo Easter egg (only £1.50 so a little one ) but I wolfed down the whole lot.

Before I went in to tesco I was a 7.0

Now 4 hours later, I’m a 5.9. I didn’t feel a spike, felt amazing.

Have I dodged the bullet? Did I somehow get away with eating the egg and not get a spike or am I so deluded I probably did and am in denial.

Either way, I’m peed off. This is supposed to be a way of life and as soon as I get bloods done, pressure off and I eat rubbish.

But at the same time my idiotic brain is going, oooh you didn’t spike (at least I don’t think so) this time so you can have another one!!

Does anyone else misbehave after bloods because you know you have bit more time or is it just me being an idiot (far more appropriate words but they aren’t allowed).

I was doing so well, hunger was down, felt great but first hurdle and I fail.

How on Earth ami going to reverse this nonsense if I can’t even have a blood test without going off the rails

(In case you hadn’t noticed - I am wallowing in self pity and feeling sorry for myself)

But I am extremely peed off at me and diabetes because I want to get rid and be normal again!! (More self pity)

D

Deleted Account

Not a diabetes thing but I often stop flossing my teeth just after I visit the dentist and don't start again until a month before my next appointment.
I know this is not good but flossing is dull, hurts my fingers and I do it just before I go to bed when sleeping seems more appealing.

Weirdly, I can postpone sleep for long enough to prick my finger. Just not long enough to wrap waxy thread around my fingers.

I put it down to being human and never fully growing out of my teenage rebellious streak.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So after hospital wouldn’t take bloods yesterday!! I returned today!

I have felt great (apart from the odd moment) and been pretty low carb. Stomach so much better and me so much better.

Left the clinic today and immediately cravings kicked in. Wasn’t hungry just wanted to eat.

Had a wait for next lesson so went to tesco to use Loo. Didn’t even occur to me this was a bad idea. Went to loo, bought a sausage from deli, figured if I wanted something just eat and hopefully it would go.

Then as I left tills, boom, Easter eggs. I was a goner.

I bought a rolo Easter egg (only £1.50 so a little one ) but I wolfed down the whole lot.

Before I went in to tesco I was a 7.0

Now 4 hours later, I’m a 5.9. I didn’t feel a spike, felt amazing.

Have I dodged the bullet? Did I somehow get away with eating the egg and not get a spike or am I so deluded I probably did and am in denial.

Either way, I’m peed off. This is supposed to be a way of life and as soon as I get bloods done, pressure off and I eat rubbish.

But at the same time my idiotic brain is going, oooh you didn’t spike (at least I don’t think so) this time so you can have another one!!

Does anyone else misbehave after bloods because you know you have bit more time or is it just me being an idiot (far more appropriate words but they aren’t allowed).

I was doing so well, hunger was down, felt great but first hurdle and I fail.

How on Earth ami going to reverse this nonsense if I can’t even have a blood test without going off the rails

(In case you hadn’t noticed - I am wallowing in self pity and feeling sorry for myself)

But I am extremely peed off at me and diabetes because I want to get rid and be normal again!! (More self pity)
I did exactly the same a few weeks ago with a boost bar, felt so angry and disappointed in myself. I also saw no spike and in fact a few hours later got the lowest reading I’ve ever seen. The moral of the story is to have bloods done at the drs not the hospital

Seriously though we’re only human and the self disgust I felt hopefully stops me doing it again in a hurry. As to what happened with the bloods I’ve decided having been so low carb for the last 9 months my body was so shocked by the sugar that it dumped huge amounts of insulin and overreacted for ages, thus causing the lower numbers. I was 6.4 before the bar and 5.0 after 3hrs which was when I got brave enough to check first then by 4hrs down to 3.7 !!!

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I did exactly the same a few weeks ago with a boost bar, felt so angry and disappointed in myself. I also saw no spike and in fact a few hours later got the lowest reading I’ve ever seen. The moral of the story is to have bloods done at the drs not the hospital

Seriously though we’re only human and the self disgust I felt hopefully stops me doing it again in a hurry. As to what happened with the bloods I’ve decided having been so low carb for the last 9 months my body was so shocked by the sugar that it dumped huge amounts of insulin and overreacted for ages, thus causing the lower numbers. I was 6.4 before the bar and 5.0 after 3hrs which was when I got brave enough to check first then by 4hrs down to 3.7 !!!

Yay this cheers me up!!

Sorry!

Unfortunately it has to be done at hospital. Drs doesn’t seem to do blood tests!

Reactions: HSSS

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes

Unfortunately my wallowness hasbt has same effect!!

I want another egg (possibly more)

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay this cheers me up!!

Sorry!

Unfortunately it has to be done at hospital. Drs doesn’t seem to do blood tests!
‘‘Twas a jest, but maybe there’s something in it can’t be a coincidence?.?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
‘‘Twas a jest, but maybe there’s something in it can’t be a coincidence?.?

I Don’t think it would make a difference.

It’s like being on a diet and you dream of everything you can eat when you lose the weight

Would be nice if I learned my lesson! All I’ve succeeded in doing is wanting more

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I Don’t think it would make a difference.

It’s like being on a diet and you dream of everything you can eat when you lose the weight

Would be nice if I learned my lesson! All I’ve succeeded in doing is wanting more
Sorry was still joking. There isn’t a good lol emoji on here.

You’re just getting the carb cravings caused by the egg. Distract yourself, drink water, eat something really strong tasting like a pickled onion or something low carb but that is a great treat.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It sounds like you could be associating food with reward, so as a reward for beeing good, and also having your bloods done, you have a reward?

Many, many people post (although I haven't seen any recently) that once their A1c is done they'rre going to have a doughnut, chocolate eclair, pizza, chips, or whatever floats their boat.

Personally, it's not something I've done,as I'd rather decide if I'm going to have something usually off-limits, I'd like to choose when where and what I'll have, without it being a reward for anything.

Back on the horse for you?

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
It sounds like you could be associating food with reward, so as a reward for beeing good, and also having your bloods done, you have a reward?

Many, many people post (although I haven't seen any recently) that once their A1c is done they'rre going to have a doughnut, chocolate eclair, pizza, chips, or whatever floats their boat.

Personally, it's not something I've done,as I'd rather decide if I'm going to have something usually off-limits, I'd like to choose when where and what I'll have, without it being a reward for anything.

Yep!! Think I’ll have to lock myself indoors and throw away the key over Easter weekend!

Tonight left out the beans so just veg and meat had mayo instead.

Cravings have gone through the roof.

Not looking forward to tomorrow!

Going to be even harder but it needs to be done.

May have to avoid tesco tomorrow if I can or walk with eyes closed!!

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes

I have used food as a reward before but if hadn’t even crossed my mind.

Up until I left that clinic I was fine then poof!

Maybe that’s the issue, I left it creep up (well not creep it was more like a crash bang) in me and wasn’t prepared!

Richard'63

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
@Cana "Wasn’t hungry just wanted to eat."
Don't punish yourself, all of us get that (except maybe for a few evangelists on this site). A week ago I found a bag of jelly babies I had horded in case of a hypo I'm never likely to have, I ate a handful (big hands!). Bad, but recoverable.
As for the spike difference. If I eat sugars or carbs, I spike, for longer than a non-diabetic, but then my body catches up and over compensates and I go low. Again, my body catches up, but in slow time.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep!! Think I’ll have to lock myself indoors and throw away the key over Easter weekend!

Tonight left out the beans so just veg and meat had mayo instead.

Cravings have gone through the roof.

Not looking forward to tomorrow!

Going to be even harder but it needs to be done.

May have to avoid tesco tomorrow if I can or walk with eyes closed!!

Sadly, the carbs have a tendancy to feed the cravings, but I think you've got that loud and clear now!

I always go for my bloods at 8am, so that the conditions are replicable, and of course things like triglycerides need a fasted test anyway.

When my bloods are drawn, walking back through the hospital I make a choice - do I high tail it home for tea and breakfast, or drop into the Starbucks half a mile from the hospital for a coffee, just to break my fast if I'm hungry.

Please don't think I'm painting myself as some sort of sainted being. I'm not. I've just made a deal with myself that's how I'll deal with those times. We aall need to decide what deals we cut with ourselves and what those choices will be.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Sadly, the carbs have a tendancy to feed the cravings, but I think you've got that loud and clear now!

I always go for my bloods at 8am, so that the conditions are replicable, and of course things like triglycerides need a fasted test anyway.

When my bloods are drawn, walking back through the hospital I make a choice - do I high tail it home for tea and breakfast, or drop into the Starbucks half a mile from the hospital for a coffee, just to break my fast if I'm hungry.

Please don't think I'm painting myself as some sort of sainted being. I'm not. I've just made a deal with myself that's how I'll deal with those times. We aall need to decide what deals we cut with ourselves and what those choices will be.

I normally go at 8 but the hospital mucked up yesterday and today at 2.30 was only time I had. Could t fast but only hba1c so was ok.

But it was prime tine for chocolate. First thing in morning I’m better.

The blame is firmly at the feet of the hospital and Dr!!

Oh I know the cravings are from the carbs etc but it doesn’t seem to be making a difference, I know but I seemingly ignore them.

Feel quite sick now strangely.

I don’t seem to be able to say no to chocolate if the craving is there!! It’s ridiculous!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Boost Bars. An absolute favourite of mine. Or at least they were. :)