Fiasp

davidponting

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used fiasp before and what are your thoughts on it?

I’ve recently changed from nova rapid because the nova rapid wasn’t quick enough, I’d have to pre bolus up to an hour before eating which sometimes is pretty difficult to do.

I’ve been using the fiasp for a week now and can see some improvements but sometimes it’s the same as the nova rapid

Thanks in advance

D

Deleted Account

I have been pumping with Fiasp since the start of December.
My experience has been a tad confused. At first I thought it was working great. Then I thought it was rubbish. Then I thought it was great and then I thought it was rubbish. Then I thought it was great ...
Turns out Fiasp works faster than NovoRapid but does not last as long out of the fridge.
I have only just worked out what the problem is so can’t say exactly how long it lasts out of the fridge ... definitely less than 3 weeks.

Reactions: davidponting

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I changed from Novorapid to Fiasp in about Sep/Oct last year cos I was annoyed with Novorapid sometimes taking far too long (ie a sudden drop some 4-5 hours after taking it).
In general I have found it to be faster but some days it does exactly the same as the Novorapid used to do (ie seems to take forever) - I suspect some of this may be due to injection sites for me though.

Reactions: davidponting

KeshyF

Hi. I know this is very late but I’m curious to see how you’ve for on with Fiasp. I was put on Fiasp when pregnant as we needed to lower my 1 hour post food sugars and it was fab for this. I have since got back on novarapid after the birth of baby and am struggling to maintain the same control that I had with Fiasp. Are you still finding it similar or have you settled?

davidponting

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I know this is very late but I’m curious to see how you’ve for on with Fiasp. I was put on Fiasp when pregnant as we needed to lower my 1 hour post food sugars and it was fab for this. I have since got back on novarapid after the birth of baby and am struggling to maintain the same control that I had with Fiasp. Are you still finding it similar or have you settled?

Fiasp is so much better, don’t get me wrong I have bad days and good days which I’m sure most people do. but on a whole I’d recommend fiasp over nova rapid every time!