porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning everyone.
Early this morning. Great isn’t it. A week off work, no reason to get up early and here I am wide awake.
Woke up earlier, took a quick glance at Dexcom 4.4, brilliant. Then looked at the time 4.40. Spooky. Not sure whether to buy a lottery ticket or not.:):):)
Actually dropped below 4.1 and activated the alert on Dexcom so a Rich tea biscuit was called for, hopefully @Knikki and @porl69 will back me up here and point out that it isn’t possible to only eat one rich tea biscuit, they have to be eaten in pairs.;)
Have a great day whatever you find yourself doing.
Rich Tea are most certainly a double biscuit. But they are not the best dunkers. That honour goes to Hobb Knobbs

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 the airport protocol for pumps is to keep the pump with you at all times but remember to remove the metal clip if you have one.
Walk through the metal detector arch and it should not go off. If you are invited to go through the body scanner, politely decline explaining you have an insulin pump. You may be told it will be fine but I always politely tell them the scanner is against the advice of the manufacturer and I am not willing to damage the machine that keeps me alive. A couple of guys have tried the”but my wife/friend/colleague” goes through without any issues but I stick with my message and tell them I am happy to have the manual scan/pat down. Most security guys understand and are fine.
Next step is to hang around at your gate for your delayed flight.

Thanks @helensaramay , I am trying to see if I can a letter from DSN as well

Reactions: Knikki

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rich Tea are most certainly a double biscuit. But they are not the best dunkers. That honour goes to Hobb Knobbs

Sorry @porl69 I have to disagree about the best dunker. sad I know, but I watched an article about this on TV and they did an experiment to find best biscuit to dunk. The Hob Nob due to its ingredients and sugars is not the best one to dunk, in fact it did quite poorly. Best biscuit for dunking , the honour went to Rich Tea.:):):)

Reactions: therower

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Lol you can only dunk rich tea once, while a hobb knob is a multi dunker and will not fall back into the mug of tea

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all. Those kites are spectacular @kitedoc ! And anyone who dunks biscuits is definitely not right. Filthy habit ;)

Slight dip into the threes this morning, but back in range now, which is nice after a day of running high! 4.7 and counting...

Sewing club today and CFR on call later :)

Reactions: porl69 and hh1

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki . I’m desperately trying to bring some etiquette to the forum here.
Yes I, like you have found Rich tea biscuits rather easy to insert wholesale into ones gob. But I feel we should steer to a more grown up approach. Gently snap your RT biscuit in half, gently insert into warm beverage and then introduce to mouth in a civilised manner.
Sorry to hear the techno stuff isn’t quite earning its keep at the moment. Fingers crossed the new sensor plays ball.
Sitting at 7.2 after my earlier dalliances with the biscuit barrel.
Off out for a full English soon. 8 units pre bolus just to get things moving..

Reactions: WuTwo

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yuck! I have one cup of tea a year when it is forced on me at the Residential Home Christmas Carol Singing except I've got out of it for the last two years, as term hadn't yet finished. I have never, ever enjoyed the cup of tea, but they've not quite got the hang of the fact other hot beverages are available and I meekly Do As I Am Told. Fortunately, since I lost shed loads of weight in the meandering journey from T2 to LADA, they've stopped forcing biscuits on me as well, at least, those who remember I've lost the weight.

Double Yuck to biscuit dunking in any hot beverage. @Mel dCP is perfectly correct here, it's a filthy habit.

Um, morning all!! Take 2 on prescription collecting - surgery door was locked, 15 minutes after they're supposed to be open, I'd walked up the hill with a trolley full of shopping and wasn't inclined to hang about whilst they got their act together. Then, I'm taking myself off out. Not quite sure where or what yet, but it may well be to see the Knife Ange which is outside Coventry Cathedral at the moment. Given there's just been a teenager murdered (knife crime) on my commuting walk to work, very close to Main Paid Work, I'm pretty certain this will be discussed by my lot in great depth next week when we're back.

Yesterday's cake was utterly splendid, and walked off most enthusiastically. Slightly higher than I like this morning, but the walk to the supermarket and back sorted that.

Reactions: Knikki and hh1

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Sorry @porl69 I have to disagree about the best dunker. sad I know, but I watched an article about this on TV and they did an experiment to find best biscuit to dunk. The Hob Nob due to its ingredients and sugars is not the best one to dunk, in fact it did quite poorly. Best biscuit for dunking , the honour went to Rich Tea.:):):)

I watched the same programme and totally dissagreed with there findings :hilarious:

Reactions: kitedoc and hh1

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Your surgery sounds a lot like mine @Japes. We've taken to dropping prescription requests in through the letterbox at least ten days early! Gives us a fighting chance of getting the mistakes sorted out before the drugs are actually needed....

I had to come home from the office. "Fighting on through the pain" becomes stupid when you reach a certain level of agony, and once I reached it I phoned my other half who came and fetched me home. Then, on the strength of the blood being taken yesterday for my HbA1C I munched two Co-op Jam Doughnuts which he had got me earlier this morning! Miraculously both the Co-op's jam and apple doughnuts are vegan. They are one of life's huge treats for me! There are times when I really, really appreciate that bloke *inserts soppy heart emoji*

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

My favourite biscuits were;m- Rich Tea, Digestive and a ginger nut :) I can still get free from biccys, but only have the one :rolleyes: :hungry:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yuck! I have one cup of tea a year when it is forced on me at the Residential Home Christmas Carol Singing except I've got out of it for the last two years, as term hadn't yet finished. I have never, ever enjoyed the cup of tea, but they've not quite got the hang of the fact other hot beverages are available and I meekly Do As I Am Told. Fortunately, since I lost shed loads of weight in the meandering journey from T2 to LADA, they've stopped forcing biscuits on me as well, at least, those who remember I've lost the weight.

Double Yuck to biscuit dunking in any hot beverage. @Mel dCP is perfectly correct here, it's a filthy habit.

Um, morning all!! Take 2 on prescription collecting - surgery door was locked, 15 minutes after they're supposed to be open, I'd walked up the hill with a trolley full of shopping and wasn't inclined to hang about whilst they got their act together. Then, I'm taking myself off out. Not quite sure where or what yet, but it may well be to see the Knife Ange which is outside Coventry Cathedral at the moment. Given there's just been a teenager murdered (knife crime) on my commuting walk to work, very close to Main Paid Work, I'm pretty certain this will be discussed by my lot in great depth next week when we're back.

Yesterday's cake was utterly splendid, and walked off most enthusiastically. Slightly higher than I like this morning, but the walk to the supermarket and back sorted that.

Tea is awesome !! it's the cuppa that has helped me through some rough and sad times and friendly warm chats with laughter, it's an all rounder :happy:
Coffee is nice too, if I am out and about I get a coffee because most places serve disgusting tea and expensive too for a lack- lustre tea bag, in some hot water with a splash of milk :wideyed::banghead::mad:

Reactions: Japes and Knikki

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I refuse to eat Rich Tea bix. They are not nice,

Reactions: Knikki
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, Happy Thursday and wishing you all a good day :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. I agree - biscuit dunking is the pastime of the devil. Especially as the only biscuits worth eating have chocolate inside or outside or both.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all. I agree - biscuit dunking is the pastime of the devil. Especially as the only biscuits worth eating have chocolate inside or outside or both.

Even better to be dunked are the chocolate hobb nobbs. Maybe popping to the shops in a bit lol

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Catching up again - you lot are prolific! I was going to get to the end and say due to the discussion on gym wear I was going to quit this thread for good - talk of pink sweat bands and white striped exercise garments was a step too far! and then I continued to read the hilarious discussion on biscuits..........there is only one biscuit worth eating, hob-nobs and the king of hob-nobs is the dark chocolate topped ones - END OF DISCUSSION! . What anyone else says after this is irrelevant and nonsensical :D

Some people.................:rolleyes:

:p

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
But I am with Mel and co - there is no point in dunking. Biscuits are supposed to be crunchy so why make them soggy.

Hobb Knobbs stay crunchy. No matter how many time you dunk they stay the same :hilarious::hilarious: