New Lifestyle

Seales18

Hi everyone

I’m new 4 month being t2.

I have been having rice crispies for breakfast and salads for lunch.

After reading a few posts on here I’m going to go to sausage, bacon and egg for breakfast and stick to my salads for lunch.

Dinner will be what ever the rest of the family has which can me mash veg etc or maybe chips. I do have a monitor and we had lasagne last night and my score only went up to 6.x after 2 hours which I gather is good.

Any other suggestions for lunch and breakfasts so I don’t get bored (can’t see me getting bored of sausage bacon and egg tho )

Thanks

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Check out the low carb forum thread What have you eaten today? For ideas.
Curry with cauliflower rice ( or just more curry), avocado baked with egg, bun less burgers, slow cooked meats, fish salads..,,

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone

I’m new 4 month being t2.

I have been having rice crispies for breakfast and salads for lunch.

After reading a few posts on here I’m going to go to sausage, bacon and egg for breakfast and stick to my salads for lunch.

Dinner will be what ever the rest of the family has which can me mash veg etc or maybe chips. I do have a monitor and we had lasagne last night and my score only went up to 6.x after 2 hours which I gather is good.

Any other suggestions for lunch and breakfasts so I don’t get bored (can’t see me getting bored of sausage bacon and egg tho )

Thanks

Morning!

It’s all about adjusting what you’ve always done and embracing a different mindset. When you need to eat, eat food. We’ve been conditioned to attribute certain foods with certain meal times and that can be very restricting. You need never have a hot meal again if you don’t want to either, just get rid of the carbs.

Reactions: 1spuds

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Seales18 Have a look round the forum and you'll see many members have had great success by ditching the carbs, like potatoes, pasta, rice crispies, cereals, any vegetable grown below the ground, fruit, there is a whole world of food to be discovered out there which will help you manage your glucose levels - have a look at diet doctor too for recipes, it's all about fresh, not convenience :)

Reactions: 1spuds